Changing the mechanics of fluid movement

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dess
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Changing the mechanics of fluid movement

Post by Dess »

I would like the mechanics of moving liquids through the pipeline to be slightly redesigned in the game.
Take the example of pumps: right now pumps are designed in such a way that they take liquid from an object connected to the pump inlet and move it to an object connected to the pump outlet.
Current sections of pipes that pumps work with
Current sections of pipes that pumps work with
lol.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 776 times

For example, for this scheme, it took me almost two minutes to pump water from the right tanks to the left, assuming that the right tanks were initially full, and at the end there was exactly 1000 water left in the right tanks.

What I suggest: in the game you need to move the liquid by connecting different sections of pipes:
Three different sections of the pipeline that the pumps will work with
Three different sections of the pipeline that the pumps will work with
Screenshot_2.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 776 times

The game will have to combine all the pipes and tanks into separate sections, with which various pumps, factories, oil rigs, etc. will then work (or implement normal fluid flow mechanics, as is done in Satisfactory, lol :D ).

(I do not exclude that there is some mod that somehow implements my idea, please, if there is such a mod, attach a link to it. Thank you)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Changing the mechanics of fluid movement

Post by ssilk »

What you suggest will completely change the game. Now the games pipes consists of “containers” (pipes, tanks, pumps…), that are connected together. So a pressure fall is simulated, when you pump things through longer pipes.

Your idea breaks this completely. Won’t happen.

I feel I need to put this to won’t implement.
Sorry.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”