make Rocket silo recipe dont clear the product slot.

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

meifray
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by meifray »

TL;DR
What ?
currently,Rocket silo do have ouput slot,however the output slot are not actually doing anything except delete item put in that slot,
and which doesnt increatment the rocket part amount because rocket part increatmented as the recipe completed(include productivity).
Why ?
so we can have "assembling machine"that has a built in progress bar and inventory slot,which can be used as drilling the hole or farming or any special purpose if you want it to do.

and in the currently system,I think vanilla rocket can be a recipe dont really produce anything(like a gas vent),and with icon shown as rocket part icon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: make Rocket silo recipe dont clear the product slot.

Post by ssilk »

meifray wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:12 pm
currently,Rocket silo do have ouput slot,however the output slot are not actually doing anything except delete item put in that slot,
and which doesnt increatment the rocket part amount because rocket part increatmented as the recipe completed(include productivity).
You lost me here. I don’t understand it.
I try to repeat what I understood:
The rocket silo has an output slot.

You know that slot is used for the delivery of science packs after starting a rocket for example.
So I don’t understand the next “ however the output slot are not actually doing anything except delete item put in that slot,”. Nothing is deleted in the output slot?! Yes, you need to care about putting the things out.

And so the rest makes no sense for me. Maybe other can help?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ssilk wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:23 am
meifray wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:12 pm
You lost me here. I don’t understand it.
I try to repeat what I understood:
The rocket silo has an output slot.

You know that slot is used for the delivery of science packs after starting a rocket for example.
So I don’t understand the next “ however the output slot are not actually doing anything except delete item put in that slot,”. Nothing is deleted in the output slot?! Yes, you need to care about putting the things out.

And so the rest makes no sense for me. Maybe other can help?
If you don’t pull the science packs out fast enough and another rocket launches, does it delete whatever is still in there for the new packs?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

meifray
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by meifray »

well,I mean assembling_machine_output,which is the rocket part slot,I am not mean rocket_silo_rocket
t0.png
t0.png (2.02 MiB) Viewed 1834 times
and that thing is actually a item
rc.png
rc.png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 1834 times
you can actually put item into it
put.png
put.png (2.23 MiB) Viewed 1831 times
and if we make it craft the rocket part,the rocket part disappear!
emt.png
emt.png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 1831 times
check the rocket part counter,
which only increament by 1 instead of 1+5=6,
and it mean the 5 rocket part just vanished without a trace
emp.png
emp.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 1831 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Well, I think that’s because the rocket part was not meant to be crafted outside of the rocket silo, thus you shouldn’t have any to manually put into it?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moving to won’t implement because it’s about a special feature in a mod

Ah. Ok. I think there ist just no mechanism to convert items in items to items in an entity if the entity could use it.

But you are using a mod to create the rocket parts. I think https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rocket-Silo-Construction

And this means you are wrong here. Please contact the author of the mod to add a way to convert the items correctly.

Btw: it’s somehow strange to build 5 parts of a rocket , then fold the silo down and rebuild it somewhere else. I don’t see much reason in that.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ssilk wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:59 am
But you are using a mod to create the rocket parts. I think https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rocket-Silo-Construction
In my use of Rocket Silo Construction, it didn’t make it so the rocket parts were created separately or were removable.

I see in one of the screens Space Exploration as a mod that’s modifying the rocket parts, but I also see a “Debug” label on one of the rocket parts in one of those screens too, so hard to tell if these were created separately, or if this person was using a cheat to create them all (probably in an effort to speed up the launch process).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Maybe meifray is a modder?

Ps: yes, if you don’t remove science packs fast enough, new science packs from the next rocket will be added, until the output stack is full.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”