Don't cut off Expected Resources from miner display on small window

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Radioactive Pretzels
Inserter
Inserter

Don't cut off Expected Resources from miner display on small window

Post by Radioactive Pretzels »

Hover over a miner, you get the set of details like name, health, status, fluid temperature, etc.

For a miner, the MOST IMPORTANT detail is "expected resources" so you can see if a miner is out of ore, or what it's mining or will mine.
This line of info is third-to-last out of 13 different status reports.
This means if you're running Factorio in a windowed screen of only say 1K by 800, the last lines of the report are cut off. I'd like to have the important
Expected Resources (and perhaps sulfuric acid level) reordered to be EARLIER, ideally first, so they are displayed when you hover over them even when using a smaller display window.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Don't cut off Expected Resources from miner display on small window

Post by mmmPI »

I had the same problem you mention, i scaled the interface to be smaller, but it wasn't enough to read some item in logistic chest, so i used a mod to hide the minimap.

I think this one is the actual version :https://mods.factorio.com/mod/more-minimap-autohide-017

there were changes since i last use but following the updating description i found :
Not all of us have big screens! This mod will autohide the minimap when the mouse is hovering over certain entities so that the UI won't be cut off the edge of the screen. This mod will autohide for entities that Daniel34's mod didn't, including mining drills, assembling machines, labs, etc. Now you can finally use the functionality of the minimap and be able to read the game UI without it being cut off the edge of the screen!
By default this is only enabled for logistic chests, but in the config.lua file you can also enable it for trains, cargo wagons and roboports.
It seems like it could solve problems.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Don't cut off Expected Resources from miner display on small window

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the suggestion but we decided quite some time ago that the minimum resolution we're supporting is 1920x1080. If you have a smaller screen than that, you can turn the GUI scale down or just deal with the fact it doesn't fit right on your screen.

It's not worth our time to try to make all of these things fit onto tiny screens.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”