Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.3

Post by YuokiTani »

@Airat9000
have added a bigger tank - no problem (beside that expensive recipe).
but maybe you should say what you want to store in these tanks, and i add a recipes that rapes/use your fluid-storeage - so your tanks should be quickly empty ;)

@hoho
it's not realy a fraction, it scale very linear - just see 1 x steel = 10 iron-plates - but it was cheaper -> yes if you ignore the pump. all fixed i think with next version. of course new stuff for discussion also added :)

i did not realy understand why people would use very big tanks. little bigger to save space yes - but very much bigger ?

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

The size of Tanks comes into play if you have limited space, for example many biters surrounding you. The less you have to build teh better.

In addition, less tanks means less time spent building, especially in the beginning of the game.

I for example love to skip chest storages since you offer the storage bunkers. So I pour my iron plates into teh bunkers and from there into the manufacturing, sort of a buffer storage.

It may also be that some people like to build huge bases (more small tanks) or very small and compressed / optimized (huge tanks).

And last but not least some people ignore the lack of endgame at the moment and just mine and harvest everything and keep exploring their map further and further ^^.

So we have to bunk all that oil somwhere :-) .

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Rensiur wrote:The size of Tanks comes into play if you have limited space, for example many biters surrounding you. The less you have to build teh better.
In addition, less tanks means less time spent building, especially in the beginning of the game.
I for example love to skip chest storages since you offer the storage bunkers. So I pour my iron plates into teh bunkers and from there into the manufacturing, sort of a buffer storage.
It may also be that some people like to build huge bases (more small tanks) or very small and compressed / optimized (huge tanks).
And last but not least some people ignore the lack of endgame at the moment and just mine and harvest everything and keep exploring their map further and further ^^.
So we have to bunk all that oil somwhere :-) .
thanks for explain - i'am sure a famous invention become your name ;)
for storeage i use also bigger storeage as buffer because it not break the supply if i move ore-mining-base and it provide time to do other stuff.

before i forget to decribe some new things in version 0.2.4, i do this now ... it needs some lines.
i added 2 new pipe-types - HC (High Capacity) and EC (Extreme Capacity) with 25 and 40 stored fluid (2.5x, 4x standard) - actually the base-pumps can't feed these lines if you pump out to underground-tanks - but these pipes more for energy-lines and high-transfer-lines. because i added also a new boiler that surely need some code but it raise the energy-transfer-limit trough water (see postings before). hence some theoretical caps under full load-out situations, and why i highly recommend using this new pipes.
base-steam-engine consumes simplyfied 1.0 water (0.1 per tick) - turns into 510 kW - makes ~ 5.1 MW per pipe possible. this mean HC-pipe can transfer ~12.5 MW and EC-pipe 20 MW ... but the new boiler (Reactor) i have added can transfer 30 MW therm. ^^ (don't think in small dimension or limit your imagination, insane compare to 390 kW base-boiler) - so it has 2 pipe-connections (2-in and 2-out) (need more test's if it works correct) - if you use 2x HC you limit this to 25 MW therm. the good news is, it consumes fuel as needed (posts before) - and the net kW el. depends on efficency of the engine (base=100%) (1 coal = 8 MJ turns into 7.2 MJ accumulator this way in milliseconds)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

YuokiTani wrote:i did not realy understand why people would use very big tanks. little bigger to save space yes - but very much bigger ?
I often use them when I have the basic oil processing but not advanced yet. In that stage I pretty much only need CH4 and the rest is more or less useless so I store it in tanks until I get some useful things to do with it. The less tanks I need the easier it is to handle it.

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

YuokiTani wrote:i did not realy understand why people would use very big tanks. little bigger to save space yes - but very much bigger ?
Most of the time you build oversized line, so, because you produce more than you consume, the tank will become to be full. When your output line become bigger, your tank begin to empty slowly. The more the tank is big, the more time you have to be aware of the situation and upgrade your "entry" line to a bigger output. With a small tank you have less time to work, with a big you use this buffer to take time to build. That's just a question of comfort.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D
bugs
Industrio V0.3.3 -
Attachments
29.06094.png
29.06094.png (106.31 KiB) Viewed 6048 times

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Yes, it's bug of industrio. Only Industrio, not Yuoki Ind. Because you use version for 0.9.x in Factorio 0.10.x.
Expect Industrio for 0.10.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.4

Post by YuokiTani »

Version 0.2.4 aviable
please read the notes in the first post

- resized tanks fills automatic to max.
- please report impossible recipes if you found any
- take time and play before you want a recipe-change (and then i need good reasons and if possible some maths ;) )

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:Version 0.2.4 aviable
please read the notes in the first post

- resized tanks fills automatic to max.
- please report impossible recipes if you found any
- take time and play before you want a recipe-change (and then i need good reasons and if possible some maths ;) )
:D :D haha man! great Obninsk reactor!! to fusion experemental? great! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i am back testing

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

Really, really nice. Please, when you tell "already describe in a previous post" make a direct link to the post. Your thread is already 14 pages long and even research will start to be hard.

Really nice upgrade/changes.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Slan wrote:Please, when you tell "already describe in a previous post" make a direct link to the post. Your thread is already 14 pages long and even research will start to be hard.
i know, for the obninsk-reactor and hc-/ec-pipes it's page-13 - 6 post above from this.

writing a documention is my next high priority target (beside graphics) so i can link to docu in time a new version appears. for this week not really new things planed, or someone has a great idea. i would like to concentrate on graphics and docu, this not excludes fixes or balance tweaks.
i think a docu is required because mod comes to complex ^^, writing a documentation can help me to untangle some things and get a clearer line/strategy for recipes and items in next versions.

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

Really nice to heard this. Of course we have lot of idea, but more there is thing in your mod, more it's complicated at start. For example, it took me about 2 hours putting mouse over item, constructing to test each thing to understand how to make durotal...

Anyway, the best thing you can actually do (after graphics and documentation) is to "integrate" your mod in the science/la, because in my actual game i put a science lab, research "steel" and then go set up my 6*big turbine to 30MW setup in a few minutes only after start. This break the game progression even if fun at start.

Item i will like to see ? "cheap" birbe-wire, electrified iron wall, sentry tower (extend view), robot guard/patrol, automated log robot (that cut tree around him, with a very very long arm), and of course, toby "the dog" that follow you ;)
(well you ask for ideas, not "good" ones)

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

Haha, Rensiur turbine :-d

Gotta get some time back from work to test things out, didn't get the slightest chance to play any Factorio in two weeks :-(

Yepp, true words on the documentation. Would it maybe make sense to have the documentation in the Wiki, because that would allow support from various people.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Rensiur wrote:Yepp, true words on the documentation. Would it maybe make sense to have the documentation in the Wiki, because that would allow support from various people.
Yes, but i have trouble to understand and interprete all wiki-rules correct (my english to bad) (i had fill the register formular - but then i dropped). before i do some mistakes, i create the documention extern, so it can moved later into wiki. another point - its much faster (-> no rules ^^) - in a perfect world copy & paste is enough to insert later into factorio-wiki ;).

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

As your the owner people maintaining the wiki can let you do what ever you can. For example, you can maybe copy past your information, and then use a sentence or tag at the start of the page to ask for help about presentation. I'am sure some people will be nice enough to come after you and set link, rules, presentation. Wiki is traditionaly not made by only one person, even in a single page.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can you split your Items up into two tabs, please? I almost not acces your all your items.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Slan wrote:Really nice to heard this. Of course we have lot of idea, but more there is thing in your mod, more it's complicated at start. For example, it took me about 2 hours putting mouse over item, constructing to test each thing to understand how to make durotal...
because i want 1 or 2 raw-ore more i maybe change this to mineable direct with underground-drill - of course extreme slow mining-rate.
Slan wrote:Anyway, the best thing you can actually do (after graphics and documentation) is to "integrate" your mod in the science/la, because in my actual game i put a science lab, research "steel" and then go set up my 6*big turbine to 30MW setup in a few minutes only after start. This break the game progression even if fun at start.
it's good to remember me, because i want change the recipe for 1.3 MW Turbine to use some durotal. but durotal, krakon, nuatreel needs a tech, maybe called advanced-alloys, super-advanced-alloys ;) - after you researched steel. beside that, the turbines are useful, but i have not added the machine that uses that much energy - it's not a round circle now.
Slan wrote:Item i will like to see ? "cheap" birbe-wire, electrified iron wall, sentry tower (extend view), robot guard/patrol, automated log robot (that cut tree around him, with a very very long arm), and of course, toby "the dog" that follow you ;)
(well you ask for ideas, not "good" ones)
with my current knowledge - impossible :( - but maybe in future have i learned more.

with electrified iron wall, you mean kill biters with it ... and use energy. the current Vitudo-Defense-System works in this way, but consumes now energy.
i had in mind to use energy but i'am worried about all flickering no energy-symbols if not connected. also i'am not sure about the biters target-priority - i had can try use lamps as wall (nice light-effect as bonus) - also possible use a laser-turret with range 1 - make gfx as wall and you get your electrified iron wall. if you can live with this (not in game seen - because graphic hide this) trick i can add this for testing :)
and i'am shocked by myself, i thinking about a better laser-turret.
SuperSandro2000 wrote:Can you split your Items up into two tabs, please? I almost not acces your all your items.
yes, but needs some thinking about splitting the right stuff
SuperSandro2000 wrote:Please call me simply Sandro.

nope - SuperSandro2000 is a good name for a pickaxe or other tool :lol:

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

YuokiTani wrote:yes, but needs some thinking about splitting the right stuff
machines and intermediates

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Military stuff should also be separate but should fit under default military tab just fine.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

hoho wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Military stuff should also be separate but should fit under default military tab just fine.
Yes and make not to much tabs (max 3, I think). And can you merge Yuoki Import with another tab?

Return to “Yuoki Industries”