Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.25 (11.16)

Post by StanFear »

agaaaaaaa !!!

what you have in store for us is simply amazing ! can't wait to play with this !!(don't know if you have realeased it yet or not, but anyways, I couldn't use it until next week so ....

but still ...
Amazing !
thanks for your work

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i'am sorry but you miss my post before for a few seconds.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:usually i don't read much other threads but yesterday i read some random and read this

i hit immediate the emergency-stop-button for the planed mod-addon above - let me explain.

end-game-content is aimed for spring/summer, hi-res-graphics shortly later.
for hi-res graphics in my opinion only 2 ways, higher resolution ingame (double/triple-sizes gfx and reduce zoom) or 3d-objects with textures.

both variants make the current graphics useless and incompatibel - and in result the graphical mods too.
so it seems we have a end-time for the mod.

(i change the post before so the screenshots no more a eyecatcher)

Yuoki-Industries + YI-Engines works with factorio 0.11.17
Actually, the high res gfx is a mod and will be optional. The current gfx will still work. The high res gfx is something that many people requested so the devs thought they will provide an optional high res gfx mod that will override the base mod's gfx.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote: Actually, the high res gfx is a mod and will be optional. The current gfx will still work. The high res gfx is something that many people requested so the devs thought they will provide an optional high res gfx mod that will override the base mod's gfx.
this is not possible ... because if you use bitmap-based graphic you can named it high-res but if you don't change the resolution it's still the same. you can provide a high-res feel with double the image-size and change the zoom-faktor let's say from 2 to 1.5 or 1.25. for viewers now look high-res. same princip on tablets, 4K monitors etc.
if you remove the 2x zoom and use the 1:1 gfx at this stage and put all gfx to a 64px per tile standard than you have higher-res. at normal or current state it's just double size.
(wavelet, vector - gfx or 3d-objects with textures make high-res from format/rendering itself possible)

i can make high-res (pixel, dpi) as i want as long as 1 tile equal 32 x 32 px - it pixels out in zoom. i didn't see a mod can change this - as long as you don't change the bitmap-source is no change - and all graphic-sizes are coded ^^
-> but i let me suprise.

a good viewing example in action is minecraft, if you use 16px, 32px or 128px texture-packs. (but here from 8px up to 512px can fitted in a block because its 3D and a texture)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I'm quite certain the will not go 3D any time soon, if at all.
It's actually easier to provide higher detail level with 2D sprites than going 3D with higher res textures. Going full 3D would mean grounds-up rebuild of the engine as it'd require completely different approach to display thousands of different items. Not to mention the massive penalty of constant GL state changes compared to 2D rendering.

Currently the game supports down-sampling the texture quality (graphics quality dropdown in menu). Even at highest quality I can still see how pixellated the textures are at closest zoom. High-res texture pack/mod would essentially just add a new quality setting above the current best one. It might require some trickery, perhaps like adding a new optional flag for textures that indicates it's higher resolution than default or something.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

From what I understand, there was a Factorio Friday's Fact not too long ago about upping the resolution of the bitmap graphics and animations. There the devs alluded that such thing will be a mod that override the base mod so it must be possible. They said they wanted to do it this way because the high resolution graphics will take up more texture memory and so might not be suitable for everyone's gaming system. It is only offered for those who want better looking graphics and can handle the increased texture memory load.

I don't think the game requires a set pixel per tile. Even if it does now, I would think the devs will do some additional coding to allow some range of pixel per tile when the high res graphics are provided. What will end up happening though is that you can't mix graphic resolution, i.e. you can't be using 32x32 px per tile graphics along with 128x128 px per tile or whatever.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.25 (11.17)

Post by YuokiTani »

hoho wrote:I'm quite certain the will not go 3D any time soon, if at all.
It's actually easier to provide higher detail level with 2D sprites than going 3D with higher res textures. Going full 3D would mean grounds-up rebuild of the engine as it'd require completely different approach to display thousands of different items. Not to mention the massive penalty of constant GL state changes compared to 2D rendering.

Currently the game supports down-sampling the texture quality (graphics quality dropdown in menu). Even at highest quality I can still see how pixellated the textures are at closest zoom. High-res texture pack/mod would essentially just add a new quality setting above the current best one. It might require some trickery, perhaps like adding a new optional flag for textures that indicates it's higher resolution than default or something.
i agree
(i think around 9 months back - i read (in friday-facts? - sure not in forum) someone would working on 3D - it's possible for entitys because the dev has the modells - like Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander 1, 2) - maybe i understand wrong.

yes a flag (internal bigger-size images) is a option - but currently is a limit of 2048 x 2048 px for sheets/images. sure you can combine sheets like the locomotive.

@fatmice
i let suprise me - you can see the base-mod it's the base-directory
and this is point - if you play vanilla with high-res than mods don't work because low-res gfx. and out there is no bump-to-high button for all gfx and mod-lua-code. so it's not fair from me to provide a mod with many graphical-stuff that you can't use anymore in 3 or 4 months. sure can be also possible for Yuoki-Industries but this exists and is playable. but for starting new i don't take the risk for now - maybe later .

i overwork some graphics and reuploaded the mod-zip.
- new cimota-restructor-animation (because i had made a dytech-compressor-animation which was not used, so i overworked this sheet for my mod. but now someone see's this or build both nearby. to prevent confusion - i overworked.)
- changed small and big-boiler for better matching pipe-connection

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

YuokiTani wrote:(i think around 9 months back - i read (in friday-facts? - sure not in forum) someone would working on 3D - it's possible for entitys because the dev has the modells - like Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander 1, 2) - maybe i understand wrong.
Obviously it is technically possible to have both 2D sprites together with 3D models in the game, not everything has to be 3D if 3D stuff is used. My point simply was that going 3D wouldn't probably make the game look better.
They can still do things like have the moving entities (cars, bots, players, enemies ...) as 3D as there aren't too many of them and it would probably save quite a bit on texture memory while also making it possible to have more fluid animations and easier "attachments" (visible changes when player wears armor or holds a gun).

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i updated yi-engines and set this addon-state on release ;)
i recommend trying this too - but works only as addon to Yuoki-Industries - not standalone.

- temporary recipes all changed and now mid-/late-game recipes.
if you want to try it ->download<-

i suggest testing and experimenting in a new sandbox-game with testmode-mod if you not sure with the addon - but it's not to hard and can be understand by playing.
Electrical-Generators from Yuoki-Industries should be prefered otherwise maybe you lost some energy.

this youtube-video show that you can expect ...

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

I changed some text to be ingame one more right. I think the text needs more improvements but I can't do it. Anyone, make the text correct and delete useless lines for the better future of the great mod
Attachments
locale.rar
(7.42 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Vitduo wrote:I changed some text to be ingame one more right. I think the text needs more improvements but I can't do it. Anyone, make the text correct and delete useless lines for the better future of the great mod
Thanks,
it's a little shame that factorio has no support for multiline-description. so the jokes ^^ or references get lost and it's even more difficult to understand these things.
i apply the changes with next update.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have made a gfx to replace the "Gen.X"-series ... so far so good, but i have made 2 ... and now i need to decide which one fits better.
this new gfx replace the old 2x2 with a 3x2 ... so it can be later easier upgraded/exchanged with SEG or MEG. this solves also the pipe-connection-problems (visual-feedback)

i think the first is a little overdone and to good-looking/complicated for the first craftable generator. but fits in style to later electrical generators. the second is maybe better but i'am not sure if the lighning effect not to much distract in a animation-cycle. but here i like the colors more. P, S, T are colorcoded later in game. the branding is to small to can be read ingame.

what a expenditure for a generator which barely used ^^ - but it looks cool ;)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I like the second one. It looks like spark plugs :)

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

The only issue I've ever had with the graphics you make is that they don't look 'used' enough compared to the vanilla graphics. Their shiny, brand new appearance sticks out when put side by side with rusting, oil-stained vanilla steam engines, assembling machines, etc.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

I like both. They don't realy look like tiers for something but a bit like two different machines.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have both included, the first replace the MEG-S, so MEG-S and MEG-T looks more different.
the second replace the Gen.-Series in blue-version and a red-version for T.

next update sometime in future makes them aviable.

@Degraine
reason's/rationale ...

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

The left one looks like it's fresh unpacked and the rigth one looks like it needs to be replaced. I like the right more.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

That might be overdoing the grunge factor a bit but damn, you do know how to make things look used, I'll give you that.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

First one is brand new and it not fit in Factorio graphic scheme but second one is FANTASTIC

P.S. "YI" on previous screen looks like logo. It would be cool if all your machines had that logo.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

One of my users pulled this one of :)

Oh, I also found a funny but useless exploit with coal stacks from Yuoki, when using the machines to craft it using the coal>dust>bricket>stack instead of the strait coal>stack, because it produces stacks with way less coal.
Basically, instead of using 50 coal for a stack, you can turn 4 coal into 2 stacks.
Due to the recipe of converting back into coal providing 50 coal, you basically get 100 coal for the cost of 4.

Sure, the machines consume a fir amount of energy, but in turn, you can use all that surplus (either in coal or coal stack form) to power a low of steam machineries, without any need to ever mine coal ever again.
It feels a bit cheap, but I'm still using it, because I had fun setting it up when I was experimenting what I could do.

~Slay Mithos
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Return to “Yuoki Industries”