Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by YuokiTani »

I have seen this post today :) - too later for yesterday fix :(
from the screenshots i like your editing and read some little more. But chances are high its the standard -en with next version.

you should give YI-Engines a try, it extends the core with some more and different stuff :)

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Sooooo.
The new turbine for 1000° steam.
I build it like that.
Was ist supposed to be like that?
I use the mastercrafted ms-turbine.
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (412.89 KiB) Viewed 8593 times
YuokiTani Fanboy.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

yes, sort of ... it's a little bit tricky to balance steam-output without buffer-tanks. if energy-load/usage is only half you can have problems :)
Only turbine which runs always 100% if the net has usage is rensuir-turbine.

nice build :)

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Hello Yuoki.

Could you maybe create a more powerful powerplant?

Endgame thingy. Relatively small, but very expensive to build and about 500 MW strong?

Only eating the new MX stuff, ´cause i like that MX stuff. :D

SKleen75
YuokiTani Fanboy.

ClubPetey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ClubPetey »

Hello, I've been using this mod on and off for years, just got back into it again, and a have a question:

The 3M6/4 Boiler puts out 7.2MW at a pollution rate of 83/m??? This number seems insanely large. The Bob's Mod "Boiler 3" puts out 7.2MW with 15/m pollution. I know the 3M6 pushes almost 2x the steam of Bob's, but 83 still seems really high? Is there some other advantage to the 3M6 that I'm missing that makes it worth the pollution cost?

Even within Yuoki, the WWER-210 puts out max 50MW, with only 250 pollution/s, that's 7x the power for 3x pollution costs. the WWER-210 seems in line with the other generators of equal power/complexity, so I think the 3M6 should be more like 38/s pollution.

Leading me to a general question. Anyone out there know of a mod that will take some sort of config file and tweak item info. change stats, change recipe amounts, add new recipe, etc.? As I tend to play with a lot of mods, something like this could help balancing.

Thank, keep up the great graphics, I admit a core reason I use Yuoki in my games is the alien-coolness it brings to the factories.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Hmm, the pollution is a little high :) - it will be fixed next time. Upgrading boilers to red or green reduces pollution to 35.4 or 21.3 and increases temperature or output (use corresponding turbines too). You can also use the pollution remover (statue or fatmice-cycle)

because every mod-author uses different file-structure (you can merge all into 1 file or every item into 1 single file) its very hard to find a tool or generate one. especially for entities because factorio-devs changed structure of entities in the time of development. (the dev's can maybe support the community with such tool because the game reads all mods and build the needed structure to play. so it's not a great step to give edit possibility - but i think this will never hapens)

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all !

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

After a long time, it's time for a little update. I have played factorio in the last days around 20 hours and have made some little changes to improve the playability of the mods. I hope you like the changes. (still a lot to improve and todo, but hey factorio is also still unfinished)

here the changes in latest versions
Yuoki_0.7.85
- change: recipe pressed-mud -> mixed fuel (old was solid fuel) -> rocket-fuel
- change: Tiny Sol-Ray Stream has a better fitting gfx - output reduced to 1.6 MW 25 kW/Tile
- change: Small Sol-Ray Stream - output reduced to 3.75 MW 37.5 kW/Tile (gfx is todo)
- change: generators have clean consumptions in fluid/s (helps to caculate how many engines you need)
- change: Boiler 3M6/4 pollution now 54/m
- change: recipe hydrotin-gas outputs additional petroleum-gas
- added: MX-C Fuel (7 GJ) can splitted into 10x MX-C Reduced (600 MJ each chemical for conventional burners)
- added: crafting blue-signs from all vanilla-science-packs
tested with factorio 0.17.79

yi_engines_0.7.36
- 70 MW Turbine feeded from Rheinsberg (1000°C steam ... max. that factorio-code allowed. it's hard coded beacuse i tried 1500, 1002°C)
- recipe to use petroleum-gas in fluid-fuel-engine
- recipe to use hydrotin-gas in fluid-fuel-engine
tested with factorio 0.17.79

looks not too impressive, but makes game life easier :)

Air0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Air0r »

any chance for some cross compatibility with Bioindustries? specifically for your crushers to be able to add the crushed stone recipe from bioindustries' crushers.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Hey Yuoki,

This isn't an actual bug on your mod's part. I use Krastorio2 and their recent update lowered the performance of the vanilla game's boiler. From 60 water/steam per sec to 20, I believe. That also changes the 2 variants of the master-crafted boilers from your mod. Is it possible to remove your boilers' dependency on the vanilla game's boiler? That would solve future conflicts with anything that changes the performance of the vanilla boiler. I was coming back to upload some blueprint, but nothing was working because of the power generation being halved.

Also, I'm talking about the red MS turbine and the green MS turbine and their corresponding boilers. The turbines are fine, it's the boilers that have had their performances lowered because another mod changes the performance of the vanilla's boiler.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I think they changed not the boilers. If i would change all i would tweak the energy-capcity of the steam (or lowered the max. temperature).

boilers itself have only values for MJ transfered into the fluid/gas-medium and efficency.
turbines have flow-rates (* energy capacity of fluid) and efficency - results in power.

if you don't relay to much on steam you can switch to MF. Solid-Fuel Engines and Generators can provide a solid power output and take conventional fuel.

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

I don´t know why, but the game creates gigantic patches of N4 and F7. Even on 17% size. And I mean gigantic! Any idea how to fix that?

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

I usually use the Resource Spawner Overhaul mod - you have much better control over spawning resources than using the Vanilla ore generation system.

The only downside is you don't get a preview of where the ore will spawn.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

I will try this!

nastyslave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nastyslave »

Greetings to greatest art designer Yuoki Tani!
Please add updated High Resolution item graphics to your awesome mods! (maybe for Yuoki_1.1 and yi_engines_1.1 in the beginning)
I wish they will be 128x128 or at least 64x64 pixels... If you wish I will help to rewrite lua to new icons and can do mipmaps for all of them - to save your time if you already have HD gfx...

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Air0r wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:54 pm
any chance for some cross compatibility with Bioindustries? specifically for your crushers to be able to add the crushed stone recipe from bioindustries' crushers.
I know you posted this over a year ago, but I read this only today. Just added our stone crushing recipes to Yuoki's crushers for the next version of BI.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

darkfr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by darkfr »

Hi I took over factorio yuoki recently and I have the impression that to make an energy source that holds a large base it's quite complicated before I use this setup quite hard but now I'm having a lot of trouble there's t -there is another alternative that generates a lot more energy than the setup I currently have
Attachments
power.png
power.png (3.99 MiB) Viewed 3716 times
factorio.png
factorio.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 3716 times

Return to “Yuoki Industries”