Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.9 (10.9)

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:step to version 0.2.9.

Importend:
- this Version removes bronze, use all your bronze for bullet-case before update
- bronze-recipes changed to use the raw-material of the bronze-recipe (owners monument changed from bronze to wire-alloy)

- Vitduo Active Defense System works now as intended (or better) - sry for this fault in previous versions.
- renamed AMFC to Cimota Restructor and add graphic/animation
- added 2 "recycle"-recipes for mud and toxic-dust - can transfered into Unicomp-A2
- add 1 new "Super Fuell" - 4.000 MJ - can produced in wonder-machine, for use in obninsk-reactor or a long long burn ;)
- Special Drills can now only drill for Rich Dust with very low rate - all other removed, but rich dust can turn into Unicomp-A2
- changed (better) recipes for quantrinum and lachnan-crytal

- flywheel charge/discharge numbers looks wrong in-game, but seems working correct. i can not say if game takes point of view from accumulator-view or power-grid-view to say thats charge/discharge rate. needs some additional testing, but code-variables looks correctly.

from now, nearly 2 weeks afk ^^
new game and ols game continue?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote: new game and ols game continue?
- i updated factorio from 10.2 to 10.9 and then Yuoki-Industries from 0.2.6 to 0.2.7 without problems.
- old savegames (tested 2) loaded and migrated without problems - steps to 0.2.9 are easy as always.
- first load of an old savegame takes some time because the spawn of resources
- all energy-, storeage-, tank-, pipe-stuff is untouched

- some recipes changed, and the numbers of removed items can be huge, but effects more collected useless stuff. no iron-ore, copper-ore, coal or other expensive stuff is removed.
- some machines loose their recipes, and needs a new - but most machines not affected.

of course, make a backup of your savegames is always a good idea.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

0.2.9 good and easy version!

i like it!
release )

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Hi! What is the mean of Cimota Cnds Fuel Ring? ^^
And the difference between entity and item names:

Code: Select all

y-tank-1000=Underground-Tank 1000
y-tank-4500=Underground-Tank 4500
y-tank-8000=Underground-Tank 8000

Code: Select all

y-tank-1000=Underground-Tank 3500
y-tank-4500=Underground-Tank 8500
y-tank-8000=Underground-Tank 15K
y-tank-24k=UG-HC Tank 48K

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Vitduo wrote:Hi! What is the mean of Cimota Cnds Fuel Ring? ^^
And the difference between entity and item names:
Cimota -> reverse chars -> Atomic ;) - Cnds stands for condensed/packed ...

entitys = placeable object need this entity-names.
other stuff that can go in inventory need item-names.
I'am not 100% sure which name the game prefer if an object/entity in inventory/recipe to show you, but entitys-objects also in a item-list.
from codeing view: recipe -> item -> entity

the_noisies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by the_noisies »

Is there a tech tree diagraam for this mod?

I'm loving it so far, probably one of my fave mods!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

the_noisies wrote:Is there a tech tree diagraam for this mod?
Thank You !
Because the many changes from version to version is curently no tech-tree-diagram aviable. But the mod is nearly done ;) - needs only some missing graphics/animations and balance tweaks.

I need some feedback about the accumulators. I think no one build these tier1/2 small and medium, because you can build bigger (except you like the graphics). Sure the materials and stored energy is balance but it feels not properly, and the UC-A2 overpowered ? ... questions over questions ;)

*edit
new version tested with factorio 10.12 is out

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.11 (10.9+)

Post by YuokiTani »

yes, a new version appears ... looks like i have to much free time ...

this version 0.2.11 change some fuel-values of existing stuff, not really importend, more a nice to have. but it fixes also the overpowered fuel-values (i hope).
more interesting are the new playtoys ;) like the Alien-Infuser, Crystal-Accumulator, ZZT-Weapon and Alien Water Generator. for better understanding and use i try to explain their working.

Alien-Infuser
this machine transmute UC-A2 into overcharged UC-A2 with a fuel value of 3.000 MJ - yes thats correct, but the energy comes from your network. before you try this make sure you have enough power because this machine has priority and consumes 75.000 kW over 40 s (equals 3 GJ Accu-capacity). Of course you can use this transmuted UCA2 as fuel. (recommend using in an extra energy-network or use power-switch mod or just believe you have enough energy-generators)

Crystal-Accumulator
very end-game Accumulator, you need Transmuted UCA2 and then you can easily build this Accumulator. 900 MJ capacity and a charge/discharge rate of 5 MJ. you can name it a power-plant of it's own ;)

ZTT-Weapon
It's basicly a Laser-Turret but ZTT stands for Zero-Time-Travel so it's more a teleportaion weapon. it teleportet the energy, ammunition into the target, this cause very huge damage (theoretical). this weapon stands on a 3x3 platform, so it has a huge amount of hitpoints (6000). the benefit is clear, a normal 3 line wall needs to break only damage at on one point. this platform shares all damage so it's harder to break.

Water-Generator
forbidden alien-tech ! - this generator works with standard or alien-fuel and generates water from Air and Earth. a 800 L tank and a high productionrate of 60 water per second are the benefits. you can now build easily an outpost in the middle of nowhere without water, as long as you have a alien-water-gen and some fuel to burn.
the example shows an outpost setup for generating energy without a lake or ocean.
(you choose water-recipe, than rotate for output-direction)

Overview:

Water-Gen has only 1 output, but this is a extreme-pipe output with max. 50 flow (note max. produktion is 60)

Sample-Setup:
You see the need of energy and soild fuel - and the solution.

some machines need still an animation and a own graphic. with time this gapes will fill.

i had in mind that a this point the mod offers some challenges as scenarios ;)
- build a fully functional and effective obninsk-reactor (my example is not perfect)
- a map without water, you start with 2 water-generators
- a self-running energy system without solar (i think its possible - because some boilers and turbines are over 100% - needs kickstarted - archsite provides stone)
- can a fully operational obninsk-reactor with rensuir-turbines self substain and endless run ? or maybe an other energy-setup

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
the_noisies wrote:Is there a tech tree diagraam for this mod?
Thank You !
Because the many changes from version to version is curently no tech-tree-diagram aviable. But the mod is nearly done ;) - needs only some missing graphics/animations and balance tweaks.

I need some feedback about the accumulators. I think no one build these tier1/2 small and medium, because you can build bigger (except you like the graphics). Sure the materials and stored energy is balance but it feels not properly, and the UC-A2 overpowered ? ... questions over questions ;)

*edit
new version tested with factorio 10.12 is out
new version new game \? old save work?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote: new version new game \? old save work?
old save work always !

it removes only unused/obsolete items, in this version the r3/5 connectors ... i think no one has build them.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
Airat9000 wrote: new version new game \? old save work?
old save work always !

it removes only unused/obsolete items, in this version the r3/5 connectors ... i think no one has build them.
bug
does not take the green energokuski for remelting

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

sure, works ... please check your furnance if not the wrong item in. it needs 3 dust to smelt 1. in your build you should use a green inserter and limit them to green or blue dust.
the other point is, green-dust has also a fuel-value, so it adds this green dust into burn-slot instead of smelt-slot (in your scenario the slot is full). better use a electric-furnance, and i think about this new problem.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

The translate is updated
Attachments
Yuoki.zip
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Vitduo wrote:The translate is updated
Thank You, i integrate this into current version.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

YuokiTani wrote:and i think about this new problem.
Did you mean that new problem?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HRU8 ... sp=sharing
Former moderator.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Kajanor wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:and i think about this new problem.
Did you mean that new problem?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HRU8 ... sp=sharing
Yes, and i updated just now to fix this (version 0.2.12).

fuel-value is removed, should now works as before.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.12 (10.9+)

Post by YuokiTani »

What brings next versions or what my plans ? - beside bugfixes ;)

i'am thinking about a self substaining (needs kickstarted) fission/fusion-somewhat reactor ;) - with a complicated multipart-setup - so that you need to build different parts and a complete supply-chain to keep it running.
so it looks at the end, like it's own power-plant - but it's maybe to much for this mod, so maybe i post as addon ^^ (notice -> addon for a WIP-mod - lol ;)
the goal is more the setup and figure out to keep it running (and nice looking) than a really benefit ingame beside lots of energy. (solar, wind and other free energy is cheating !)

some more solid stuff looks like the next screens. you can see a Laika-Gate (you guess, it's a stargate) - it works as a Trade-Post. this means, you can trade your raw-material, machines and different stuff for UC-A2 and of course UC-A2 back into somewhat more useful. i think this allow more stuff to integrate without explain how you can create from wood+iron-ore a plasma-weapon ;)
Storybased this Laika-Gate connects to many other worlds with unlimited needs of raw-material and goods. think back to your own start, and you know why another world will pay for a assambly-machine 1 or a boiler and steam-engine. if you good with math and constructing supply-chains, you may archive a good profit from trade.
i plan to integrate trade-only stuff, so you need to buy all (mostly) materials and produce a product to sell it. it's more a challenge if you played the game a lot and have all achieved or you like tradeing-games.

would someone help with text, if i bring the mod to factorio-wiki ?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

good!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

there is an option to make reactors refined energy lumps or make another resource for thermonuclear reactors with capacity of 200 megawatts

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote:there is an option to make reactors refined energy lumps or make another resource for thermonuclear reactors with capacity of 200 megawatts
200 MW is a lot of energy ... equals ~ 390 steam-engine ... where you use this amount of energy ?

i remind you, Alien-Infuser stores only energy to items - you can't with my mod not set a self-substain circle. if you use other mods with more than 100% burner & generator you can setup a perpetum mobile ;) or simple use solar-power to infuse energy. also consider that the Alien-Infuser consumes also 2.5 MW without any load/work to do. i suggest using a extra power-network for infusing or test load-cycles.

in next version some fuel-values new balanced, and some recipes simplified. also buyable (through stargate) fuel is inserted. i will also rebalance the obnisk-reactor.
i need to think and play a little bit more before i publish.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”