Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

tonsrd
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by tonsrd »

Question: what should I do with "slag" i have 300k+ and apart from making "bruteman turrets and walls I dunno what to do with it.

Suggestion: yuoki have u seen this mod its to do with inserters, you've recently added a few inserters to ur mod have u thought of doing this ?
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21269

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

you can turn the slag
- into unicomp - and unicomp in all other ressource
- into ground-floor tiles with yuoki-railways
- in 0.3.58+ possibly into granulate to burn bricks

these inserters
looks interesting, and sure a good addition, but personal i stick with my variant (this i understand). if this mod became a huge hit (everyone uses it) - i can remove inserters from my mod.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

when you try to connect the output of the error

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Does the Yuoki Roboport power stats need to be updated?

Vanilla Roboport is now 4 x 1MW charging and Yuoki is 4 x 350kW. Or maybe it is scaled for your bots?
Vanilla bots consume 3kW + 5 kJ/m vs Yuoki 1.2kW + 250 J/m

I know .13 tweaked some of the bot numbers or maybe that was only the player equipment numbers...

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

magals wrote:http://image.prntscr.com/image/92e640ab ... 2c4a80.png
when you try to connect the output of the error
i think i can fix this.
Peppe wrote:Does the Yuoki Roboport power stats need to be updated?
Vanilla Roboport is now 4 x 1MW charging and Yuoki is 4 x 350kW. Or maybe it is scaled for your bots?
Vanilla bots consume 3kW + 5 kJ/m vs Yuoki 1.2kW + 250 J/m
I know .13 tweaked some of the bot numbers or maybe that was only the player equipment numbers...
old roboport 200kW charging_energy, input_flow_limit 2MW - robots max_enery 300KJ, 1KJ/m
new roboport 1MW charging_energy, input_flow_limit 5MW - robots max_enery 1.5MJ, 5KJ/m

i should tweak my values ... changed in next version

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

also for railways i have uploaded a fixed version
and no artillery in YI because i have made 2 artillery-gfx - so somewhere in the forum should exists at least 2 mods with artillery

and here it is ...

- changed values roboport and robot to match factorio 0.13 energy-consumption
- added some more use for slag (visit forum for more information)
- added a smelting-concept for faster iron-, copper-plate and steel-production
- tweaked toolhead dirt-digging
- tweaked repair-recipes and maintance-workshop work

Part 1 is shown in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkyHJmQfSoE

Part 2

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

YuokiTani wrote:also for railways i have uploaded a fixed version
and no artillery in YI because i have made 2 artillery-gfx - so somewhere in the forum should exists at least 2 mods with artillery

and here it is ...

- changed values roboport and robot to match factorio 0.13 energy-consumption
- added some more use for slag (visit forum for more information)
- added a smelting-concept for faster iron-, copper-plate and steel-production
- tweaked toolhead dirt-digging
- tweaked repair-recipes and maintance-workshop work

Part 1 is shown in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkyHJmQfSoE

Part 2
Tweaks and new stuff looks cool.

Sad I changed the storage for my electric furnace production to 1000 today to prepare a new smelting area and now I need ~100 of the new smelters instead.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Peppe wrote:Sad I changed the storage for my electric furnace production to 1000 today to prepare a new smelting area and now I need ~100 of the new smelters instead.
you can use these for bricks :) - because the new smelting is only for metals. keep an eye on energy consumption.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I have to say, your art work is gorgeous Youki. I just can't really get behind the whole matter transformation thing (I mostly play bobs stuff as it's a little more realistic). I'll give your stuff another try now in 0.13 because it's so beautiful.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:I have to say, your art work is gorgeous Youki. I just can't really get behind the whole matter transformation thing (I mostly play bobs stuff as it's a little more realistic). I'll give your stuff another try now in 0.13 because it's so beautiful.
thanks,
i think you become suprised how little contact you to the transformation-stuff will have - if you not turn in this direction. infusion is for 3 or 4 items needed (but it's more charge a battery)
it's not Equivalent Exchange like in minecraft where you can all in all transmutate.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

YuokiTani wrote:
Ratzap wrote:I have to say, your art work is gorgeous Youki. I just can't really get behind the whole matter transformation thing (I mostly play bobs stuff as it's a little more realistic). I'll give your stuff another try now in 0.13 because it's so beautiful.
thanks,
i think you become suprised how little contact you to the transformation-stuff will have - if you not turn in this direction. infusion is for 3 or 4 items needed (but it's more charge a battery)
it's not Equivalent Exchange like in minecraft where you can all in all transmutate.
thanks, I got a little setup going last night. Is there a list of what all the parts are or what they do? How they link up? Ratios perhaps? I discovered how to use the blue stones almost by accident which led to discovering the coal processing. I played with some of the boilers and turbines but I couldn't work out quickly what ratios of offshore pump to boiler to turbine to use.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Ratzap wrote: thanks, I got a little setup going last night. Is there a list of what all the parts are or what they do? How they link up? Ratios perhaps? I discovered how to use the blue stones almost by accident which led to discovering the coal processing. I played with some of the boilers and turbines but I couldn't work out quickly what ratios of offshore pump to boiler to turbine to use.
Most of the parts should be pretty self explanatory? Between the gun turrets and walls rows are the main intermediates made in regular assembling machines. The other raw resources/intermediates on rows 3-6 are made from the machines in the first couple rows.

To workout boilers to turbines take the the turbine power rating / boiler energy consumption rating
Vanilla steam engine = 510
Vanilla boiler = 390
510 / 390 = 1.307 boilers to engines. So 10 engines requires a little over 13 boilers.

Yuoki SS - Turbine = 760
Yuoki 540/2 boiler = 625
760 / 625 = 1.216 boilers per turbine. So 7 engines would need 8.5 boilers (usually round to 9).

You can't really tell in game how much water something is going to take. Believe you just have to discover that or maybe there is a reference spreadsheet on the front page of one of these threads. It is not visible in vanilla either, so the 1 pump to 13/14 boilers to 10 engines ratio for steam power was probably confirmed by looking at the fluid usage per tick of the engine in the code. You can find that equilibrium point on number of pumps based on where you run out of water in a chain of generators.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I got the boilers/generators set up by scanning the LUA for water used etc and roughly working out what the boilers can support from the rating and efficiency (much like you wrote).

I think I've missed a lot of things like washing and processing the iron/copper ores. I went through the tabs to see what was available but an awful lot of the descriptions aren't very helpful. Things like 'waiting for UI fix' or 'it works sometimes' are zero information. Others are like circular descriptions - presser, it presses. Again, not too handy.
I looked at some videos on youtube but they're all for old versions and painful to watch. One set was supposed to explain the basics but the guy keeps getting distracted and waffling about trivia.

Another question, what are the engine parts for? I got something about mechanical force and there are some generators which I presume work from being turned by engines? Do you know any series or writeup which sort of steps over what you can do with the YI stuff is I think where this is going. There's so much and a lot of it is utterly baffling.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Ratzap wrote:I got the boilers/generators set up by scanning the LUA for water used etc and roughly working out what the boilers can support from the rating and efficiency (much like you wrote).

I think I've missed a lot of things like washing and processing the iron/copper ores. I went through the tabs to see what was available but an awful lot of the descriptions aren't very helpful. Things like 'waiting for UI fix' or 'it works sometimes' are zero information. Others are like circular descriptions - presser, it presses. Again, not too handy.
I looked at some videos on youtube but they're all for old versions and painful to watch. One set was supposed to explain the basics but the guy keeps getting distracted and waffling about trivia.

Another question, what are the engine parts for? I got something about mechanical force and there are some generators which I presume work from being turned by engines? Do you know any series or writeup which sort of steps over what you can do with the YI stuff is I think where this is going. There's so much and a lot of it is utterly baffling.
I personally have just picked a piece and gone for a deep dive on it myself in creative. The theory thread can give you some ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14535. I have a post in there on the current washing and smelting setup: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14535&start=100#p188559

Foreman is pretty helpful tool to see what you can do with something. viewtopic.php?f=134&t=5576
You lookup mechanical force in a foreman and see everything that can consume it

The crusher/presser/washer make/process nearly all the intermediates that come from raw resources in the mod.

The engines mod mechanical/hydrolic fluid has a few engines on the third row that produce it. Then any generator in the game can consume it basically in-place of hot water. It has much more power potential than water, so can run a lot more turbines than water. Some recipes made by machines in the engines tab consume it as well. A lot of power plant examples use it in the theory thread. The numbers have tweaked over time, but the core has generally stayed the same to run and consume the output of the steam turbine.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:I got the boilers/generators set up by scanning the LUA for water used etc and roughly working out what the boilers can support from the rating and efficiency (much like you wrote).

you have many different options to combine all these generators and boilers, so it's not the one and only solution or ratio. personal i always group 3 pumps to one pipe-line. turbines and generators have different efficencys and -S/-P variants are for primary and secondary power-on.

'waiting for UI fix' decribes perfect the problem ... until factorio don't allow multi-descriptions lines - and i write a longer as expected description you can't see the recipes in the tab. it's in my opinion more worse. it is not obvious that you can press dust, mud or corn - but it turn's out what you expect from a description. i can't include icons or a long description or a image of a sample-build into the current description - i think i keep it useless - any "real"-nameing leads to expect well-known-behavoir (maybe from a other mod) but works maybe different and force confusion.

you can make a better video or give him this feedback. (if it was my video - i don't do this again)

Yuoki-Industries is a modification - yes - but i haven't user-friendly/user-wishes in first-position in priority list - sorry guy's.
but of course i appreciate your feedback and suggestions ! (and sometime wonder happens and it's a little more player-friendly ;)

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

YuokiTani wrote:
Ratzap wrote: Yuoki-Industries is a modification - yes - but i haven't user-friendly/user-wishes in first-position in priority list - sorry guy's.
but of course i appreciate your feedback and suggestions ! (and sometime wonder happens and it's a little more player-friendly ;)
The way I learned the most about the mod was to make every machine and click it and see what recipes it can make. That helped me know what is going on. In survival that can be quite time consuming to do and very overwhelming to start.

I would say one very helpful thing would be some simple first 2-3 word description on each recipe to indicate what machine makes it and if it is a final product or intermediate. Not sure what your long form descriptions had in the past, but really I just need to know where is it made and is it the final step or an intermediate. I think the game automatically tells you where a liquid is made, but I guess everything else in the base game is assembly machine category, so no hover tip on what makes it unless it can't be handcrafted.

It would be dramatically easier, on hover for all machines:
Tell me what category the machine produces.
Ex: yuoki-atomics-recipe or Atomics

On intermediates:
Tell me it is an intermediate and made in category X machine.

Most final products are fuel or ammo, so not sure you have to specify that or just the absence of intermediate would be enough.

Now I hover over Cimota Restructor it tells me it Produces yuoki-atomics-recipe(s).
I hover over the first few rows in the atomics tab and it tells me made in Cimota Restructor and the bottom rows made in Laika Gate.

If we look at the formPress -- yes it has press in the name, but which recipes are pressing category? I have to make the machine and open it's crafting to know or hover everything. Have you guys tried in the past having the machines + recipes it can produce together on a row? Not sure if that would be easier to learn or make organization harder.

That is why my first advice to Ratzap was to give him the lay of the main intermediates. Knowing what are final things to build and what are intermediate pieces forms the basics of a production line. The more clear you can be on what/where to produce and consume something the easier it is to learn the mod naturally -- without guides or walk-through videos.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Thanks for the replies. I really don't mean to seem unappreciative or bad mouth the mod.

I think you'd improve your player base and potential audience a lot if Peppe's advice were taken. Of course if the UI allowed the long descriptions that would be the best solution but having some sort of idea how the things join together to build a production chain would make it a lot more accessible. I know two people I do MP games with, they won't use Yuoki because they tried it, couldn't see how it worked and just threw it away. Few people will take the time to post questions, look for videos or just puzzle it out from making parts and looking into the mod source.

Basically the more effort it takes to understand then use a mod set, the less people will bother. I really would prefer to see this mod prosper.

My save game has something like 8 hours now and I can see now that it's mostly wrong. I need to either restart or tear 80% of it up and rebuild.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:My save game has something like 8 hours now and I can see now that it's mostly wrong. I need to either restart or tear 80% of it up and rebuild.
No, there is no wrong or right ... if it works its fine. you can expand or build a new line in a little distance or nearby, but i would not call a build or setup wrong.
you don't have at start not all options, so if you don't know the mod and can't see in the future what i change, you can't reserve place/space for a "right" build/setup.

only obninsk/rheinsberg favors a north-south build because game-limitations, but in all other things you have free choice.

yes, you can look into the lua for a "perfect" boiler/turbine setup - but it will not work if you use a different pipe, a special pipe-setup, MF as heat-fluid ... to many options and combinations possible. if you don't like to experiment the mod has not much to offer (other mods offer more or a clearer progress-line supported by research). all other is straight forward standard xy-schematic vanilla production line setup with a deep of 3-4 assemblys. at least it's still vanilla with some more energy-options and 2 additional ressources.
even myself do "wrong" setups or need to change builds or discover a new setup because a new inserter give me a new option. the videos can't show all, because everybody prefers a different build-system or have a different goal with this build. (energy-save, less-pollution, minimal space, all lined up, clusters, robot friendly, main-belts concept ...)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I posted reqest in mod section but I realized that Light floor could be part of YI mod (because this mod bring so much new floors).
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=29578

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:I posted reqest in mod section but I realized that Light floor could be part of YI mod (because this mod bring so much new floors).
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=29578
funny fact: first picture - first recipe - 30.5.2014
was a ground-floor light ...

later changed to (lol i have still 0.10.12 version on pc)
looks like changed between YI 0.2.13 and YI 0.2.29 <- in this version gfx already changed.

would now look better in combination with ground-floor-tiles ...

Return to “Yuoki Industries”