Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by YuokiTani »

i thinked this as i posted this as simple as possible -> change the gfx, and tweak a little the values - so you need of course some sort of inserter (now called tube-in/out handle). - but its technical still a belt and inserters :)

neotix your idea is a step more and in my opion good (also played with Buildcraft and RedPower) - but i think not possible in factorio. also includes a automated pull in and out from a chest (terminal). if i really hard change/swap the gfx - i maybe can make a 10 tiles long inserter and sell this as pipe-segment. for crossings it would be a cross-segment (green inserter entity ^^) - in any case a very interesting idea and sould be tested :) - i will think about the effort
with some code it can be look and play better and comes more realistic ;)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

All can work as items teleporter that will be connected by pipes.
If one terminal is connected by pipes and routers with other terminal, items can be teleport from one terminal to another. Of course each transportation require tube that wave limited capacity. So we can set request in first terminal and put item in second terminal. If they're connected, item in second terminal will disappear and appear in first terminal.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Hey, it has been a while since I've been active on the forum, but I'm still creeping. Just want to say Yuoki, I love the new buildings/etc that you've added to the game. The electric presser's animation is so satisfying to watch. Also, the icon format for the electric washer, electric washer and maintenance workshop is awesome. The color coded letter with the building's graphic in the background is an awesome idea. It makes it really easy to distinguish those building quickly. I really like the multitool/drillbit addition to make crushing green/blue ore and dirt mining quicker. Before vanilla Factorio added flooring, stone was very useless and now it has a great use. My alien crystal factory used to be stupidly huge because I'd set 6 special miner to 1 washer, now a single washer and a single miner with beacons can do the job in a much smaller space. I understand why people don't like solar farms. While the building is impressive, the idea of a set and forget power plant that requires nothing to generation power is boring to me. There's no moving parts, nothing to input and no output of any kind, aside from power, makes it seems more like decoration than machinery. Lastly, plasma turrets are amazing. It's exactly what I feel has been missing, a long range turret that deals heavy damage at slow-medium fire rate. Again, thanks. Keep up the great work and amazing graphic.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I started to play with new PWF and I think that it's good way to develop that addon.
Only using one type of Trade sign cause that player search the most profitable setup and avoid everything else. You could differentiate tokens and add one type for selling weapons, second type for adv. materials, third for trucks etc. In the same way use that tokens in recipes to buy materials/items and even there could be recipes that need few type of tokens.

P.S. Obtaining Katalex is now even harder. I need 390k Trade signs to buy it and build that freaking expensive building. I don't event know what is purpose of that building but I wat it :D It'a better goal for me then launching rocket :P

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Neotix wrote:I started to play with new PWF and I think that it's good way to develop that addon.
Only using one type of Trade sign cause that player search the most profitable setup and avoid everything else. You could differentiate tokens and add one type for selling weapons, second type for adv. materials, third for trucks etc. In the same way use that tokens in recipes to buy materials/items and even there could be recipes that need few type of tokens.

P.S. Obtaining Katalex is now even harder. I need 390k Trade signs to buy it and build that freaking expensive building. I don't event know what is purpose of that building but I wat it :D It'a better goal for me then launching rocket :P
I really like the idea of different trade signs/tokens depending on the traded item. I haven't really delved into PFW (profit from war, not PWF lol). I'm mostly farming poo and blood. PFW was my favorite addon before the introduction of poo/blood farming. It would be cool to one day be able to make those robot into capsules and just toss them like defender capsules. A robot would pop out and shoot biters then disappear. There are huge possibilities for the PFW addon. I love it.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:
Neotix wrote:I started to play with new PWF and I think that it's good way to develop that addon.
I really like the idea of different trade signs/tokens depending on the traded item. I haven't really delved into PFW (profit from war, not PWF lol). I'm mostly farming poo and blood. PFW was my favorite addon before the introduction of poo/blood farming. It would be cool to one day be able to make those robot into capsules and just toss them like defender capsules. A robot would pop out and shoot biters then disappear. There are huge possibilities for the PFW addon. I love it.
atm i change little things around and because last friday no 0.13. the concept of signs/coins etc will be used more common. so if you build a high-tech machinery/assembly (rensuir, quantrinum) you will get 1 or more tech-signs. to craft "OP"-machinery you will need in future some tech-signs (this shows you understand the basic-mechanics ;) - also i want to add a trade-route for fame<->signs
of course i have the balance in focus, i want to avoid produce useless things only to get signs/coins.

beside the basic ressources are then 3 "human" ressources - blue unified science (from energy), tech-signs (from building, constructing, repair), fame (trade)
in my opinion it supports better a multi-way-solution for some things. Unicomp stays of course as credit/cash but has no direct eqivalent to the others.

hmm i need to think about more tokens, but i assume it's confusing and for every different token you need a trade recipe, because you don't want to store tokens ^^ - you want to switch these into usefull things. i heading more into direction include the best things from pfw into YI and YI-Engines ...

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Sad because no new factorio-version today ? - Not a problem until 27. June you can play and test new Yuoki-Industries Versions - the last for 0.12 - Take your chance ;)

small and big changes are made - i write down why i can remember ^^

Yuoki-Industries - Core
- electric-Crusher and electric form-press consume low-tech variant
- many recipe-changes to give you Tech-Token and use Tech-Token (simplyfied Tech 2 give Token, Tech 3 use Token)

Yuoki-Industries - Engines
- many more recipes in Agriculture
- DNA-Splicer
- Ice-Maker Factory
- additional faster Assemblys

Yuoki-Industries - Profit From War
- added Walker-Legs for faster movement

downloads:
YI-C-0.2.46.zip
YI-E-0.1.10.zip
YI-PFW-0.0.10.zip

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote:Sad because no new factorio-version today ? - Not a problem until 27. June you can play and test new Yuoki-Industries Versions - the last for 0.12 - Take your chance ;)

small and big changes are made - i write down why i can remember ^^

Yuoki-Industries - Core
- electric-Crusher and electric form-press consume low-tech variant
- many recipe-changes to give you Tech-Token and use Tech-Token (simplyfied Tech 2 give Token, Tech 3 use Token)

Yuoki-Industries - Engines
- many more recipes in Agriculture
- DNA-Splicer
- Ice-Maker Factory
- additional faster Assemblys

Yuoki-Industries - Profit From War
- added Walker-Legs for faster movement

downloads:
YI-C-0.2.46.zip
YI-E-0.1.10.zip
YI-PFW-0.0.10.zip

Sweet, I'm going to take my chances. Lol.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

for everyone who is confused where the changes are ...
a video - shows most of the changes in a fast overview ^^ -> Youtube
MantisShrimp wrote:Sweet, I'm going to take my chances. Lol.
yeah, you have 10 days left ;)
(it will take some time, to find a good cycle solution and produce all without dead-ends, or more then one piece)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

-First thing first. The ye_package_empty_recipe makes ye_ice_container_empty instead of ye_package_empty. I changed it and remembered to reset the recipe this time. Lol.

-The 25 MF to make a single ice container is A LOT. For comparison, 2 overheaters making steam into a steam turbine make 24 MF and that will make a ton of power. Making ice should take a long time and in huge batches. It's just ice, so there's no reason why we can't just freeze a bunch of water at once. I tested it out with 60 seconds craft time, 25 empty containers in with 5 MF and 500 water to make 25 filled ice containers. Since the ice maker costs 1.5MW to power, the long craft time essentially balance out in power consumption. Each filled ice container average out to 0.2 MF, which is similar to other things that requires MF, like making water, pressing corn and such.

-I have a question about how you see Tech-Signs as. If Tech-Signs come from core YI, then it relates to energy and the various kinds of fuel that we can make. If that's the case, then Tech-Signs should only come from crafting the fancy crystals and high grade fuels. Lachnan Crystals, Quantrinum and Infused UCA2 should give significantly more Tech-Signs, especially Infused UCA2 since that's a huge technological step. The fuels are fine as is. Everyone ends up crafting a ton of fuel, so Tech-Sign only coming from crafting fuel wouldn't limit its supply. Also, that would make the entry into end game machinery be the crafting of advance fuels, like Alien Fuel Cell and Enriched Fuel Block and Packed Wood Piquette. If Tech-Signs comes from Lachnan Crystals, Quantinum Crystals and mentioned fuels, then you would never be in short supply of them. Making end game machinery require Tech-Signs, but in other to power those machinery you need energy and in order to produce energy you need to craft fuels which in turn give you Tech-Sign. I feel like that's a much cleaner way to deal with Tech-Signs instead of having a bunch of things that gives/requires them. The only problem you would come across with this is if you go solar farm. Those things require no fuel and thus your Tech-Sign supply would be significantly less.

-Also, can we make Vugar Seeds directly from Vugar Cane since it's used more widely now? As well as a more efficient recipe through the Splicer, like corn.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

re-upload changes ! (need to reset recipes) (file-date 18.06.2016)
- first fixed
- it's changed in this direction (i add later (next version?) a bigger electric motor - so MF not a huge problem to generate - also SFE and FFE generate MF)
- added a splicer recipe for the Vugar Seeds

Tech-Signs are more a building/construction reward. it should not prevent/annoy you from building what you want. tech-signs also come to addons but not integreated yet to collect some play-experience. (also maybe you can build a Tech-Sign statue ^^ to show your construction-skills)
- You have UniComp - universal Ressource-Exchange,
- Tech-Signs for building, boost, repair processes (some tech-signs can be more worth as 4+speed-modules) - it's more - with this skill you build without thinking, with this you learned new skills in process of building and before you can build this you need skills ;) - but Tier 1, 2, 3 it's easier to understand ^^
- Blue-Unified-Science - for research related things (move into core later) - atm its YI-E - same explain as for Tech-Signs but research-releated
- Trader-Sign - import/export neutral-currency and Trader-proved Sign
- Reputation - universal Token Exchange and access to OP and decoration items/entitys.

i use mostly infused-mud for burning ... so i will get tons of tech-signs ;) - but needs playtesting (seen from trader-sign no real shortage)
atm no mass-product use tech-signs so you will have more as you need.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I do love the idea of using Tech-Sign to boost the speed of crafting. That would be a great way to consume excess Tech-Signs and it makes sense that higher tech means faster production. Speaking of faster production with Tech-Signs, the bottle neck in my world is usually water. With the Drillheads making digging for dirt much faster, the water supply to the Washer increases drastically but there's no new machine or ways to produce water faster. Also, now that Contaminated Water is being used to grow crop, we might need to be able to put it in canisters or another way of producing it. Otherwise, we're forced to build our Washers next to our farm.

It would be cool if each of the special 'human' resources have some sort of super expensive building to build for fun. For the Trader-Sign from PFW, it's the Be Rich and Show This building, which is expensive as hell and it is a wonderful goal to try and build. So it would be an awesome end game goal to try and build all the buildings from all the human resources.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:I do love the idea of using Tech-Sign to boost the speed of crafting. That would be a great way to consume excess Tech-Signs and it makes sense that higher tech means faster production. Speaking of faster production with Tech-Signs, the bottle neck in my world is usually water. With the Drillheads making digging for dirt much faster, the water supply to the Washer increases drastically but there's no new machine or ways to produce water faster. Also, now that Contaminated Water is being used to grow crop, we might need to be able to put it in canisters or another way of producing it. Otherwise, we're forced to build our Washers next to our farm.

It would be cool if each of the special 'human' resources have some sort of super expensive building to build for fun. For the Trader-Sign from PFW, it's the Be Rich and Show This building, which is expensive as hell and it is a wonderful goal to try and build. So it would be an awesome end game goal to try and build all the buildings from all the human resources.
written down ! (in mind)
yes every Sign (or token the better name ?) will have a special building (mostly decorative but somewhat useful) for huge cost.
the steps between especially Tech-Signs are filled with mastercrafted entitys ;) - look here
the special-buildings will test how big a gfx can go and make sense ;)

FMRx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FMRx »

can you remove this long description ? (and from other entities)
yoki.jpg
yoki.jpg (650.79 KiB) Viewed 7470 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

FMRx wrote:can you remove this long description ? (and from other entities)
i still hope the programmers of factorio discover or invent code for the line-wrap/break ... (maybe it needs still some years)
if it still fails in 0.13, i will remove all long descriptions.

i know this problem ... in older versions i have some descriptions commented out with "out until factorio fix this !" - or a rougher formulation ^^

for the time between you can try the english localisation, it's sometimes shorter.
sorry, but nobody can expect that factorio don't support line-wraps (also no Escape-Sequence or ASCII-Codes - or i used the wrong)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

You can do it by yourself in localization file.

tzombiek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tzombiek »

got latest version of Yuoki (0.2.46)
all infos about things where is present "Tech-Sing" i get = Unknow key:"recipe-name ..........."

how to fix this ?
ty.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (257.47 KiB) Viewed 7427 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

you don't need to fix this if you want to upgrade to 0.13 next monday.

next monday on 27. June 2016 with factorio 0.13 - high chance this YI-Version don't work anymore.

if i can make the changes for 0.13 it's in 0.13 - if not a fixed 0.12 will appear.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

new versions (Yuoki, YI-Engines, YI-PFW) load without errors - it's also a achievement (under this circumstances) ...
if someone want to try - have fun and stay calm ...

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

So, the game works. It did not explode. Most noticeable thing? Looks like the Mobile Energy Generator is missing an '0' so it's producing 150kw instead of 1,500kw. Got ran over by a train and died without my shield. Lol. Also, I copy and paste

Code: Select all

"factorio_version": "0.13", 
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.13"],
from your mod's info.json file into the Aircraft mod and it works just fine. It looks to be that way for other simple mods, like larger inventory, long reach and so on, if anyone's looking to DIY update. Hopefully, doing this won't explode my world. We'll see.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”