Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by Fatmice »

orzelek wrote: It's really pretty simple. It's a youtube video - not a nice short description of what connects to what and how. So it's not anything written anywhere - you need to sit and watch and hope you can understand all of it. And I do realize I might not be among many but I prefer to have a written text.
It's not really feasible. I once tried to make a transcript of my video, but I gave up half way because the amount of words spoken by me in the duration of that video was just too many, and I don't consider myself a fast speaker either. Many of my showcases aren't exactly simple either, so I don't know how I would go about helping you.

At least you like to read, unlike so many other people. You are a dying breed. ;) I thought illiteracy had gone down over time but it seems I am wrong. Maybe people are simply more lazy nowadays from the number of times I've seen people posting for help without bothering to read or lookup what's available. It is very annoying to me when people complains that there is no documentation for such and such when such documentations exist, especially by the very same people who requested such documentations in the first place. It is very ungratifying to find your efforts, which took many hours of recording and editing, glossed over by laziness and peasantry :(
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

orzelek wrote: It's really pretty simple. It's a youtube video - not a nice short description of what connects to what and how. So it's not anything written anywhere - you need to sit and watch and hope you can understand all of it. And I do realize I might not be among many but I prefer to have a written text.
Something like this is more to your taste? It's not always feasible though.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 38#p102138

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I just noticed that on certain camera zoom, Cimota Restructor started jumping :D
https://gyazo.com/c997336dceb9c2bdc6be857ce92c2986

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, YuokiTani is aware of the sprite problem. I think he said it should be fixed in the next version. :)

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

I've been playing YI for a couple days now and I'm kind of sad I didn't take some time to learn it before. I watched the first of Fatmice's explanatory videos and that was enough to get the ball rolling downhill. Once I had that frame of reference, the rest of the mod turned out to be pretty cool. Thanks to everyone involved for a lot of hard work making such a fun experience.

While I'm here, I've noticed a few misspellings in the English localization. Are those intentional, or would a proofread .cfg be helpful?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Personally, I think they are features of YuokiTani Industries. When you get pass the gramma, they have a charm to them. I hardly notice them anymore.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

I was thinking the same, which was why I asked. I'm a big fan of the descriptions he puts on items, though I understand not all people will be.

Edit to avoid double post:

I think the thing I'd most like to see updated about the mod is stack sizes. Every added item seems to stack infinitely, which feels very odd compared to vanilla or even other mods. I might be a fringe case, but it's actually somewhat disappointing to see one stack of 1.7k items rather than say, 8 stacks of 200 and one of 100.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:I just noticed that on certain camera zoom, Cimota Restructor started jumping :D
https://gyazo.com/c997336dceb9c2bdc6be857ce92c2986
comes in my opinion from fractions of shifting gfx. i'am not sure why in factorio 12.3+ this problem encounter again, but i shift the gfx new to avoid this. (if correcting shift-values not help i render a new sheet)
Vin wrote:I think the thing I'd most like to see updated about the mod is stack sizes. Every added item seems to stack infinitely, which feels very odd compared to vanilla or even other mods. I might be a fringe case, but it's actually somewhat disappointing to see one stack of 1.7k items rather than say, 8 stacks of 200 and one of 100.
interesting point, newer stack-sizes all under 1K ... i will test unicomp and dust under 1K stacksizes too.

some of the item/entity descriptions are references or insiders and of course not all can understand. and to make it a little more complicated they are translated from german. for some words i need help from google so it can be a horrible wrong translation :) - the other tings is factorio allow only a very short description and in 5-7 words i can't explain some of the machinery. misuse or wrong grammar is not intended or used to annoy natural english-speakers.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

That jumping Cimota Restructors are not a problem, just funny feature. They're looks like Whac-A-Mole game :D

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I would leave the stacksize for unicomp alone. It's great for resource compression and keeping things neat. Stacksize for things like chunks and derived resources should be under 1K if only to harmonize with vanilla stacksize. But then again, this is Yuoki Industries, not vanilla industries. I see no reason for harmonization. ;)

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

Fatmice wrote:I would leave the stacksize for unicomp alone. It's great for resource compression and keeping things neat. Stacksize for things like chunks and derived resources should be under 1K if only to harmonize with vanilla stacksize. But then again, this is Yuoki Industries, not vanilla industries. I see no reason for harmonization. ;)
I feel like turning unicomp into a liquid would still be great for compression and gives the underground tanks an interesting use case. Being able to store 500k unicomp in a 3x3 area is enough compression for me. I do think using unicomp should provide resouce compression, but in order for it to be needed other things need to have smaller stack sizes, fuels in particular.

@Yuoki - I wasn't bothered by the translations; like Fatmice I found them to have character. I just wanted to offer some native english speaker corrections if you wanted them.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, liquid unicomp is quite nice for storing them. A steel chest of them would have a higher density of unicomp than even that largest tank could provide though. If you use the storage bunker, you could get a little higher density, and if you use the PFW addon then you would get the best density but for a price of being lossy. Of course, what you use would depends on your production scale and throughput capacities.

I do agree some fuel stack size could be smaller, except for the infused type fuel. Personally, they should be larger as they were meant to store excess energy for a rainy day. ;)

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

I agree with needing to have an item type for storage/compression. I just think it should be implemented in a way that is a gameplay decision to store, like converting unicomp to liquid. I'm not in favor of making the stack size really small, just something that makes liquid better storage per area in the 50k underground tank.

Fuel should be the same way in my opinion. As it is, there's a lot of things I could drop one stack of fuel into an object and never worry about it again, even without an actual fuel line to it.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

I got this error when trying to use mod.

The third time i download it, same error ?
Can someone check my file integrity ? This is the checksum i got :

Yuoki Industries 0.2.33

Code: Select all

CRC32: 38DD3EA3
MD5: 20FDDBA71BF0A82B1C5BA44C7D231DD4
SHA-1: B2F11C5BF84B7FE62725797BDD43A8DE580F71A8

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

waduk wrote:

CRC32: 38DD3EA3
MD5: 20FDDBA71BF0A82B1C5BA44C7D231DD4
SHA-1: B2F11C5BF84B7FE62725797BDD43A8DE580F71A8

File: Yuoki_0.2.33.zip
CRC-32: 38dd3ea3
MD5: 20fddba71bf0a82b1c5ba44c7d231dd4
SHA-1: b2f11c5bf84b7fe62725797bdd43a8de580f71a8
Looks fine to me. I just checked my mod folder and the file is 140x122.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

This is weird, same check sum, and i also check the file was indeed 140x122, unlike the error pointed out.
What happened ?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Delete your crop-cache.dat and see if it helps.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Fatmice wrote:Delete your crop-cache.dat and see if it helps.
Thanks, that did the trick. What actually happened ? What does crop-cache.dat do ?

Btw, i decided to use this mod after i see your video, i want to use that cute train !

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Remember, Yuoki trains are shorter. All designs for vanilla locomotives and wagons need to be redesigned.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I think it stores sprite boundaries, and shift coordinates of sprites. It also stores a mapping of sorts to the sprite sheet and the entities or items so if you have a new sprite sheet and an old sprite sheet in the graphics folder but don't delete your crop-cache.dat then the new ones don't appear but the old ones do. It is very annoying, but something mod devs has to deal with.

The short call is to always delete that file if you make any changes to the content of your mods folder.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”