Yuoki Tech Tree Mod

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Yuoki Tech Tree Mod

Post by Peppe »

I put together a mod to make a tech tree out of the Yuoki Industries and Engines Addon.

The techs have generally a small cost as they likely depend on a vanilla tech already reasonably balanced. I find it a useful roadmap even knowing the mod well. The tech tree let's me know easily when a world can make the jump to advanced recipes and smelting. I think the descriptions on tech especially for the later techs can help let new users know what to do with something or what to do next...

The vanilla tree viewer shot below doesn't show all the vanilla techs the later techs have as pre-requisites, but it is mainly military stuff for the turrets and engines for the machines.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Peppe/Yi_Tech_Tree
Attachments
Core + Engines
Core + Engines
yi_tech_combined.png (370.24 KiB) Viewed 9337 times

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Tech Tree Mod

Post by Ratzap »

I used the tech tree mod for a while and it did help me clear up in my mind how things work together.

I built normally first and got all the green science done, that gave me a good base to get going. Factorissimo is great for parcelling up functions like hybrid fuel making, washing, dirt sifting etc. Now I'm playing around with farms and trying to replace my roboports/bots with YI ones. That's run smack into the power brick wall with the infuser and the science cult maker thing. I'm still scratching my head over MF though and I have no idea what the difference between the red and blue shaft parts is.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:I have no idea what the difference between the red and blue shaft parts is.
sorry to say, but it's the color ^^
it should help you to separate pipes and not connect wrong fluids together. The other benefit is the MF-flow feels faster in this shafts and from viewer perspective it fits the theme.
Gearbox-Outputs and other MF-Outputs sometimes need a restricted flow. These Shafts can also help regulating the flow.

For example builds you look into the Theocrafting-Thread.

Hinanawi-sama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hinanawi-sama »

Running into sprite problems on 0.15.10 running Youki Tech Tree 0.15 and Research Queue 1.5.1 in tandem. Killing Crop-cache didn't change error message. Both work just fine on their own and I'm having trouble pinpointing which mod is actually throwing this error. Posted this on RQ thread as well.
Screenie

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Air »

Hinanawi-sama wrote:Running into sprite problems on 0.15.10 running Youki Tech Tree 0.15 and Research Queue 1.5.1 in tandem. Killing Crop-cache didn't change error message. Both work just fine on their own and I'm having trouble pinpointing which mod is actually throwing this error. Posted this on RQ thread as well.
Screenie
Got the same problem. It's the tech tree mod. I don't think it's connected to RQ. I edited it, adding "icon_size = 32," to each technology and it seems to work.(Although not all icons are 32x32, but I was too lazy to make it eye-candy)

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi just to say that i also use this mod and it helps me to learn the different areas of the YI mod :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

Hey, I'm making another Yuoki tech tree mod using this mod as a base.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Yi_Tech_Tree_ExtraVanilla
Basically I try to make the Yuoki stuff fit in with vanilla progression, and also to break stuff down more into bite sized pieces so it is easier to wrap your head around how Yuoki works.

I'll also work on adding the Railway addon.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”