Szenarios/Challenges etc.

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Szenarios/Challenges etc.

Post by YuokiTani »

I have made a savegame/Scenario as Challenge ...

use/install: the download - Scenario.zip goes into your factorio/saves - folder
dependency: Yuoki-Industries (YI-Engines, YI-PFW recommended)

download -> Stony Planet 0.1
You start at a Stone-Planet - Stone is everywhere, but no iron, copper or coal. Some old trunk and wood still around. But thanks to Yuoki-Industries you are not hopeless, YI-Hightech is with you. And someone forget 1000 Unicomp, and Cimotas in a chest nearby. So all you need is to claim this chest and start your journey to get off this planet or make it your new home.

download ->Factorian Waters 0.1
- survive on a small island and make your way back into civilisation

gxblp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Szenarios/Challenges etc.

Post by gxblp »

Stram says "No such node(version)"

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Factorian Waters - A hardcore YI-Map (until you reach the continent and escape)

The night is dark and cold. With the last drop of fuel you manage crashing your airplane into the ground. This was still great luck - find a small land in this great ocean.
For sure your airplane is only a big pile of scrap and will never fly again. Will you survive the next days and find a way back into the civilisation or will only your bleached bones later found by the search troops ?

It's in your hands - looks like the story of Fobinson Frusoe applys to you.

Image Image

you can't escape without yuoki-industries mod if you won't cheat.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Feeling the wait for 0.15 so I gave these scenarios a go.

The island one is deceptively nasty. I had to reload saves a couple of times to be able to reach land at all.
If you use too much resource on tech or building things, you won't have enough landfill to get anywhere. Even then it's nigh on impossible since land is so far away there are tons of big worms even at very low evolution rates (like 6% when I got there). I cheated and nuked them with a console command rather than reload again to see if I could get AP ammo and enough landfill. This one could be made somewhat easier by increasing the stone patch by 30 to 50%. Then you wouldn't need to spend so much UC on stone for landfill.
Stone planet is more relaxed and a lot easier. I put Uranium Power in the mods for this one but I suspect since it's a saved map that no uranium is going to show up anywhere.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Thanks for feedback.
I needed to make this as saved-games because the scenario works not really good for this.
Yes you need a lot of stone and i made a good amount of water around the island. if i remember correct - left way is closest to land.
If you use dirt-digger you should have enough stone to expand with landfill, but yes it's more a "harder" map.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Ah, I went north/northeast and it was a long, long way. If I'd remembered about the dirt machines it would have been easier.

I watched the first four of your youtube videos showing stony planet today. You started somewhat differently to me - I went away from the water to build so I can easily make a bus and so on. Plus I took those plasma turrets and simply wiped out all biters for a few thousand tiles all round. No need to bother with defense then and those turrets are pretty OP at the early game. I have over 3000 alien artifacts piled up already.

As a bonus I found that where the map generation swaps over from the save to newly made, there's the mismatch caused by the map changes in 0.14. On the newly generated chunks I found some uranite so I may get UP to work after all.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

if i remember correct, north/northeast is a mid-way - longest is east and south.

yeah, i play a little bit restricted and small thinking :)

i'am not sure if it makes much sense to keep these scenarios for the future. it's still not a real good goal in the game and the challenge is not to hard.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Maybe they could do with an update but it's a good way to teach about the unicomp mechanic.

Like stony planet as a new map or scenario so that you don't get the jarring map change. Maybe do that thing where you disable the rocket silo and place one on the map miles away as a goal. The plasma turrets are the only things I'd change on the difficulty side (they are way OP to have at the beginning like that). To my mind it's more of a teaching thing than something that needs to be challenging.

Or make a scenario to showcase the Profit for war things or the agriculture side.

mgp4ever
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mgp4ever »

I also started to play Factorian Waters. Thanks for the hint to go (for the shortest way) to the left.
I use some dirt diggers to get stones... ;-)
Hope, i meet the aliens soon! GREAT challenge! :-) Thanks Yuoki!

HanzColdcut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HanzColdcut »

Well hello and thank you for your mods i love the style and i loe the train most. i just started to mess with your mods and found your scenarios and thought i would give the Factorian Waters a try as it seems to be almost like a skyblock or seablock in factorio sense.

now this is quite the challenge! i am still trying to wrap my pickaxe around the situation with some fair stable success!

just need to find a way to expand. just taking my time also added afew other mods but shouldn't take away from you mods that i am trying to work around.

added a pic of my messy very slow start at your Factorian Waters map.
and thanks again for this i am enjoying it.
Attachments
yuoki.jpg
yuoki.jpg (469.72 KiB) Viewed 6372 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Thank you for the picture :)
Yes the idea comes from Minecraft Skyblock and yes, the Factorion Seablock Challenge is better known and more popular.
(but i think back in Apr 2016 was no Seablock Challenge to play)

Have fun and a challenging experience :)

Return to “Yuoki Industries”