Youki Mods Efficiency of Power Generation

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Arkansas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Youki Mods Efficiency of Power Generation

Post by Arkansas »

:twisted: Hello everybody, in this day me and my friend are playing on ou custom server with this awesome mod, actually i'm the responsible for chemical made power, so i've started using the awesome steam turbine (4.5MW) and 3x3 boilers to made thi power plant (i love making power plant) but i do not want to make-dimensioned powerplant regarding the hot water generation. Here's some screens of my 3 powerplant:This one is the most efficient setup i was able to build, any suggestion to improve it?
Actually this one is the best setup i've made, but under pressure the turbines go down around 95 degrees wich is not efficient.
Actually this one is the best setup i've made, but under pressure the turbines go down around 95 degrees wich is not efficient.
2015-10-02_00001.jpg (736.45 KiB) Viewed 12974 times
There's the Obnisk made setup wich is visually really cool and it's quite compact.
Obnisk 1951 setup
Obnisk 1951 setup
2015-10-02_00002.jpg (660.12 KiB) Viewed 12974 times
The last one is totally the worst setup i've made, the second turbine didnt receive enough water to work properly, any ideas?
worst setup ever
worst setup ever
2015-10-02_00003.jpg (758.06 KiB) Viewed 12974 times
ARKANSAS

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Youki Mods Efficiency of Power Generation

Post by YuokiTani »

The 3M6 boilers have cross-connection, so it's better to line these up without connecting-pipe-between. it's enough to change at first or last boiler the direction.
In my opinion you can squeeze a little more power out if you separete 2 boliers for 1 power-plant.

i personal use sometimes the smaller 800 kW before or after a line in secondary-configuration. so i can see, if they turn on my power network is near to collaps. also possible, if you use a small tank after your power-plant line you can connect this tank with a light. so you can make the light green, yellow or red to indicate the running status.
also in some savegames i surround the power-plant with walls :) - looks nicer and because your power-plant is so important is this a nice statement. (supports also visual your ground-floor)

And if you want, you can use yi-railroads for more ground-tiles - next version adds 3 more

Arkansas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Youki Mods Efficiency of Power Generation

Post by Arkansas »

YuokiTani wrote:The 3M6 boilers have cross-connection, so it's better to line these up without connecting-pipe-between. it's enough to change at first or last boiler the direction.
In my opinion you can squeeze a little more power out if you separete 2 boliers for 1 power-plant.

i personal use sometimes the smaller 800 kW before or after a line in secondary-configuration. so i can see, if they turn on my power network is near to collaps. also possible, if you use a small tank after your power-plant line you can connect this tank with a light. so you can make the light green, yellow or red to indicate the running status.
also in some savegames i surround the power-plant with walls :) - looks nicer and because your power-plant is so important is this a nice statement. (supports also visual your ground-floor)

And if you want, you can use yi-railroads for more ground-tiles - next version adds 3 more
I've tried yesterday night to try making those powerplants better and i've arrived to a conclusion, on the third setup the inline placement of the pump keep the pipe full but in the last two boilers there's not a pump so the pipe have less water because it takes the remaining water from the pipe, i've solved placing 1 pumps for every boiler, doing this allow me to place 3 steam turbine inline and even under high energy request these turbine keeps water inside, not so much, like 5.6 but keep working at max power. I was thinking about a double side boilers line, like 4 boilers from the left and 4 boilers from the right so i can put hot water inside the 3 steamengine line and having a better distribution of the water.
ARKANSAS

Return to “Yuoki Industries”