From Player To Player (Theocrafting, Builds, Blueprints, Tips, Workarounds)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: From Player To Player (Theocrafting, Builds, Blueprints, Tips, Workarounds)

Post by Fatmice »

oLaudix wrote: Fluid handling is hard though ... I imagine i cant just put 50 Steam Generator A Even though producing 10 fluid per second could feed that.
It is better to make what works with a single gear box and duplicate that layout instead of one single long chain of generators to a single gear box.
MantisShrimp wrote:Say hello to my Empire of Dirt, aka the infused mudball super center, also produces alien crystals(for fancier crystals) and poisons(for sulfuric acid for processing units) and unicomps(from transmuting the stones). I built a smaller version of this beast and was able to get like 70 or so infused mudballs a minute, so I figured I should super size it to obscene scale. I was originally making this solely for the unicomps transmuted from everything, but found that the other byproducts are super useful for other things. I currently don't have enough resources to make all the modules this thing needs. All of the miners and pressers need level 2 efficiency mods, all of the infusers and beacons and washers need level 3 speed and efficiency mods. Hopefully I got the ratios correct. I generated a world with extremely large terrain segmentation and I'm in the middle of a desert, so I got room to expand in every direction without water or even trees in the way. So space isn't a factor. Probably going to need to replace the fast belts with express belts. We'll see how it turns out when my robots finish moving the main base. I've decided to transmute all raw resources into unicomp and then transport them with a single cargo train, since unicomps are easier to store. Then if I need iron/copper, I will transmute and wash them all beforehand to get poison for the massive processing unit factory to come.
You are catching the unicomp bug. I heard it is contagious and chronic and will turn you into one of those cat people.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Fatmice wrote:You are catching the unicomp bug. I heard it is contagious and chronic and will turn you into one of those cat people.
did someone said bug

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote: These are surprisingly super cheap to make. I feel like it need some blue, green, purple or orange stuff in the recipe. Maybe an alien crystal or 2. But then again, the first DNA thing cost more than 100 of the farms I just made so that's balanced, I guess. Also, I just realized how much it takes to grow these buggers. Damn.
the current animation misses one 1 line - growing to big bug :) - i need to program/change a sprite-sheet-tools that works first - or need mess around with some gfx-programm. next version will show a bigger bug ...
if i change the start-dna recipe to reputation-cost its more expensive. but for now i think its a good compromise. the complete animal-things needs more gameplay from me, for better balance and some theocrafting/feedback/big-setups from the players.

cowboy/cowgirl startup help ...
- build farms -> because your bugs ^^ need to eat
- craft the initial DNA and put this with some material in the Cage
- if all okay ... some bugs will grow and eat ... other bugs ^^
- after a cycle, bugs give raw-meat, slurry, blood -> can used in different other recipes
- important step -> use raw-meat and blood to extract more DNA
- overflow blood and raw-meat(can cooked) can sold via Laika-Gate (cooked gives quantrinum, blood gives reputation)
- slurry can bump your farm-growing or processed to ethanol (light-oil)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Look at this ridiculousness. I have no idea what I'm doing. This factory makes the first 4 robots and trade them for unicomps and random resources from PFW. I don't know why there are so many bio-cube production. I got pissed cause they weren't making enough so I placed a bunch of blueprints. There are so many part of the production that's straight up silly. Mainly the submachine guns and flamers. They take so much iron that the throughput struggle. This thing pops out like 1,000 unicomps a minute or something silly, not counting the random by-products that can be turned into unicomps as well. I had to subsidize the orange crystal things by using unicomps to make them, so the actual profit is a bit lower. It was fun to build, but I think I'm going to tear it down and put up the empire of dirt thing. That thing makes ton of unicomps from all the stones.
look at this mess

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I revised my build from the Youtube video. It is now capable of 208 MW of maximum generation, though at that power rating it is not stable indefinitely. The maximum stable power rating ~ 196 MW.

See descriptions below each image for information.
Overview of the build
Wirings, Electric Networks, Conditionals
Fluid cycle
Signaler
Space saving configuration
Build revised, again. See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 79#p102979 for the revised-revised build. :roll:
Last edited by Fatmice on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Look at this ridiculousness. I have no idea what I'm doing. This factory makes the first 4 robots and trade them for unicomps and random resources from PFW. I don't know why there are so many bio-cube production. I got pissed cause they weren't making enough so I placed a bunch of blueprints. There are so many part of the production that's straight up silly. Mainly the submachine guns and flamers. They take so much iron that the throughput struggle. This thing pops out like 1,000 unicomps a minute or something silly, not counting the random by-products that can be turned into unicomps as well. I had to subsidize the orange crystal things by using unicomps to make them, so the actual profit is a bit lower. It was fun to build, but I think I'm going to tear it down and put up the empire of dirt thing. That thing makes ton of unicomps from all the stones.
it's designed for a different gameplay like a scenario or puzzle. and gives the following challenges - it's not designed for normal gameplay behavoir and in this case also not very useful, because then you use only the highest-uc-output setup. but some products have a negative ROI but give needed special-material.
- possible to produce all items or a complete recipe-line without using robots
- can you still make profit if you need make energy from your profit - no extern power-supply or cut after starting - (no solar-crap, but solar can make this easier)
- can you create a complete closed cycle = produce all items and energy by itsself
- achieve this goals without buying the outer-space material (all can trade-in - buy-in atm for testing and make all easier)
- can you get back your investment in unicomp, lets say you start with 10, 100 or 1000 uc

i would not suggest playing pfw in normal-gameplay, except you go straight to the weapons and armor and buy the needed materials.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Fatmice I really like your design and I stolen it for my base :P
I removed fuel production because I have separated section for that and added Transformers from different mod. They're working like power limiters (each allow to get 10MW) so when I place parallel 15 of them, a get 150MW from power plant, and the rest will be saved for internal needs (overload prevention).

Yuoki, your mod is not for everyone. It brings so many new things that can be overwhelming for someone. But for anyone else it's huge amount of new fun. I'm playing with your mod ~500h and there is still so much to do. Lately I installed PFW Addon and my head blows. I almost cried with happiness when I noticed Neotix alloy :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:Yuoki, your mod is not for everyone. It brings so many new things that can be overwhelming for someone. But for anyone else it's huge amount of new fun. I'm playing with your mod ~500h and there is still so much to do. Lately I installed PFW Addon and my head blows. I almost cried with happiness when I noticed Neotix alloy :D
you are in the list of the first 40 ... the Ancient Monument has 40 lights and refers in the description to -> Forum-Page ... and i think some nicknames matches very good into the mod - and of course it's my way to say - thank you.
thats why the ancient monument generates reputation ... honor all supporters of YI in the past and present ... without constant feedback or suggestions the mod would not be at this point.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote: you are in the list of the first 40 ... the Ancient Monument has 40 lights and refers in the description to -> Forum-Page ... and i think some nicknames matches very good into the mod - and of course it's my way to say - thank you.
thats why the ancient monument generates reputation ... honor all supporters of YI in the past and present ... without constant feedback or suggestions the mod would not be at this point.
Lol, I'm an Ancient...I'm not that old :P Now I know why there are so many little lights on that thing.
Neotix wrote:Fatmice I really like your design and I stolen it for my base :P
I removed fuel production because I have separated section for that and added Transformers from different mod. They're working like power limiters (each allow to get 10MW) so when I place parallel 15 of them, a get 150MW from power plant, and the rest will be saved for internal needs (overload prevention).

Yuoki, your mod is not for everyone. It brings so many new things that can be overwhelming for someone. But for anyone else it's huge amount of new fun. I'm playing with your mod ~500h and there is still so much to do. Lately I installed PFW Addon and my head blows. I almost cried with happiness when I noticed Neotix alloy :D
I modified the revision :P

I revised my build, again, from the Youtube video. It is now capable of 207 MW of continuous generation. Though, it is advisable to only run it at 172 MW to save 20 MW for the overheaters and 15 MW for the infuser if you don't provide fuel. This build uses an as yet released version of yi_engines that has revision to recipe for water->steam and steam->water+MF. However, it should be stable even with the current yi_engines release.

See descriptions below each image for information.
Overview of the build
Wirings, Electric Networks, Conditionals
Fluid cycle
Signaler
Blueprint String of build

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

So I've started a new world because I didn't like the design of my previous world. There were just too much stuff to deconstruct and rebuilt. This time, I'm finally going with a main bus built. One of the shittiest thing for me to build, design-wise, has always been red circuit. I really love the fact that you can directly transmute unicomps into plastic, completely negates the need to set up oil production. I hate the way the whole oil production work in vanilla Factorio, there's no part of it that I enjoy. Anything I can do to avoid it, I will. This is pretty much my work around for red circuit, everything else is pretty much vanilla.
copper, green, red
I think the ratio is something like 32 furnaces stack to a single blue belt. I only have 20, so I'll put speed 3 and production 3 or efficiency 3 when I get more made. The green circuit is really standard. The gem here is the red circuit build. 2 fast assemblers with speed 3 mods can supply enough copper wires for 30 fast assemblers making red circuits, but only with you stick 1 productivity 3 mod in each of them. I'm too lazy to do the actual ratio, I just put stuff down until it looks good. A chest full of unicomps and 2 speed mods will also provide enough plastic for all the circuits. Also, first time doing braids. Pretty sure the wire has to be on the blue belt. One column makes mid-400 reds. I'm going to do 2 columns when more resources come in.
iron,steel
Iron is the same as copper. Eventually all steel furnaces will have speed 3 mods. Further down the life of this world, all resources will be processed or turned into unicomps before being shipped back to base. With the resent addition to YI-Engines, it's actually viable to blueprint power plant for outposts to have independent electricity from the main base.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I also starter the new world. I'm using TestMod in that world, so I can cheat :P and just focus on designs and my creativity. I'm using also various mods with Yuoki Industries as the main mod.

First is equalized unload station. In that station combinators calculate an average value of raw materials and compare with the amount at each station. If the resources at the station is greater than the average, the station is disconnected from the tracks. In that way trains don't choose only 1 or 2 nearest station. Without that I had 2 bottom stations full of resources and the rest was empty. There is a safe switch that monitor signal state to prevent track disconnection when train is on it.
Equalized station
Trains of course need fuel. I'm using SmartTrain Mod so can automatically go to refuel station. That station also have LogicRails so when station is empty (no fuel in chest) or occupied by train it's disconnected. By disconnecting station I force trains to recalculate routes and choose another stations. In that way none of the trains is waiting on the track.
Refuel Station
Iron and copper ore from the stations are delivered to washing section. There is no way to automatically switch recipes so I had to build separated setups for each ore type. There is 160 Waschers for each ore type :D Contaminated water is pupped vertically to the pressers where are produced Mud Balls (I'm using them to produce Infused Mud) and Contaminated Mud (refactored into Sulfuric Acid).
Washing Ore
Next step is equalizer. Simple dividing and connecting belts. Probably it can be done better but it's mine and I like it :P Part of washed ores is transported down the depot (WIP) and will be used in production. The rest is transported to the smelting section.
Equalizer
Now smelting section. That section is still under construction but I decided to build universal one. To do that I placed LogicBelt on Input that allow to go Iron or Copper (I have to build CPU to control them). Furnaces don't care what they're smelting and SmartInsertes on output are putting plates on proper belt line. In that way Furnaces can smelt that ore that is needed. On output I have 16 line for each ore type :D I still have to test production speed.
Furnace section
Of course all that need power :D That Power Plant can provide 340MW (34 Transformators) without overload and blackout. That design is result of share my and Fatmice designs :P
340MW Power Plant

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Wow, you guys have huge and beautiful factory, my computer can't handle that amount of entity.

Anyway, i'm a very new player, asking a simple things. Can some of you post a full screenshot of a Yuoki Mod medium sized base ?
Just typical gameplay, nothing big.

I play on island map, and starting to play Yuoki.
So obviously i have to expand using landfill mod.
But i don't know how much space is needed for typical base (Yuoki based).

If possible, can you post it along with the typical 10-14 vanilla boiler+steam ?
That will make it easier for me to determine the space needed for Yuoki.
Here's my vanilla medium based, screenshot next to 10-14 Steam-Boiler
Pic

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

@Neotix
just omg :shock: - i never expanded my bases that much

@waduk
- YI grows with you, if you swap all your boilers and steam-engines to YI-Energy (Obninsk, Rensuir), you have all needed space for small scale play. (just only 1 or 2 needed YI-machinery). the only thing on island is you need a setup to generate Unicomp after all your ressources are depleted. but with unicomp you can produce stone (for landfill), iron, copper, plastic etc.

-> screen

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Okay, thanks,..ahh so that's what's unicomp is all about.

Btw, is it possible to make/animate the steam loco wheel rotating ?
The main reason i try Y! is because i want to use the cute train. And i love it !

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

waduk wrote:Okay, thanks,..ahh so that's what's unicomp is all about.
Btw, is it possible to make/animate the steam loco wheel rotating ?
The main reason i try Y! is because i want to use the cute train. And i love it !
atm i'am focus on getting the whole cargo-wagon and locomotive-series done.
i had made a rough test-animation view - but deleted source-file by mistake. also i'am not sure if the game would accept this, beside a huge file-size increase. but at some point i will try this again, because it's a must have. (also i need to learn a little more how to render 2 different animations in one timeline)

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

YuokiTani wrote:atm i'am focus on getting the whole cargo-wagon and locomotive-series done.
i had made a rough test-animation view - but deleted source-file by mistake. also i'am not sure if the game would accept this, beside a huge file-size increase. but at some point i will try this again, because it's a must have. (also i need to learn a little more how to render 2 different animations in one timeline)
OMG, that is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l

Oh it's game limitation ? Train cannot do animation ? Too bad if that is the case, i wish train wheel can be animated, like Tank do.

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

@Neotix

OMFG!! :shock:

Blueprint pleeeeeeaaaase.

:mrgreen:
YuokiTani Fanboy.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Another noob question :
What does fender do ? Auto refuel train ? How it works ?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

waduk wrote:Another noob question :
What does fender do ? Auto refuel train ? How it works ?
it's just visual, but you can put your fuel here, so don't need this in your inventory and if a locomotive runs out of fuel you have some in the tender as backup.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Oh, okay,..thanks.
I have some mod that can limit the amount of fuel, so instead of refueling at the main station, i'm gonna use fender as self refill source on outpost.
It's not efficient, but i don't care, i just love trains. :D

Return to “Yuoki Industries”