[0.18.32] Scenarios from the "Mod scenarios" section are cloned to the "User scenarios" section after save/load.

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
puzzletory
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.32] Scenarios from the "Mod scenarios" section are cloned to the "User scenarios" section after save/load.

Post by puzzletory »

How to reproduce:
  • Install any mod with a scenario. I tested it with "Tower Defense" mod, but I can reproduce it also with mods "Puzzletory" or "16k Mini Factory (128x128 Scenario Map)".
  • Start the scenario from main menu (go to "Single player" -> "New Game" -> "Mod scenarios" -> "Tower Defense/towerdefense_basic").
  • Save game after scenario starting.
  • Load game from the save.
  • Quit game.
  • Go to "Single player" -> "New Game".
What happened?
A new scenario "towerdefense_basic" appeared in section "User scenarios".
duplicity_01.png
duplicity_01.png (93.55 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
What did I expect to happen?
The scenario was not cloned after save/load.

Notes:
Maybe this is not a bug, but it isn't very clear, especially when mod contains a campaign. In this case, the item "level-<number>" appears in the "User scenarios" section. Furthermore, if you uninstall the mod, the scenario is removed from the "Mod scenarios" section, but it is still in the "User scenario" section, and it fails because of missing dependencies.
duplicity_02.png
duplicity_02.png (37.84 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
factorio-current.log
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.32] Scenarios from the "Mod scenarios" section are cloned to the "User scenarios" section after save/load.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report; that logic is mostly working as intended. It's supposed to make a copy of the scenarios you load outside of the mod(s) and it's doing that. To add more complex logic to not make the copy if it's currently in an active mod just doesn't seem worth it to me.

It's imperfect, but it also works nicely most of the time.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”