[0.18.29] Switching between stream-ammos doesnt change the fired stream

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
SolarOrbiter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.29] Switching between stream-ammos doesnt change the fired stream

Post by SolarOrbiter »

I found an interesting bug while testing and playing with (modded) flamethrowers. I created a vehicle with two different flamethrowers, one for near distance (like the one in the tank) and a stream type flamethrower (copied from the turret).

The bug: Every time I switch from one to the other flamethrower, while the flames/the stream is still in the air, the following happens: The weapon slot is switched, but the fired projectiles not! Only the range of the selected weapon is used. This means that if I change from the short to the long flamethrower the vehicle does not start to fire the arc and continues to fire the direct flame (but with the range of the stream flamethrower). This works vice versa too.

To reproduce:

1.Have two Flamethrowers with different ammo types in your weaponslots of one vehicle
2. Shoot with the first one
3. While shooting with the stream still in the air, switch to the other one
Result: You will still fire the first stream, but it's consuming the second ammo and uses range and firingspeed of the second weapon.

Start shooting with the short range flamethrower...

...then switch weapons. I'd expect it to start firing like this:

But instead, this happens:

When you start shooting with the second weapon after the first stream landed completely, the second stream will fire like expected and intended.
This bug happens consistently with all ammo types that shoot stream-type projectiles, when fired from cars or the character.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.29] Switching between stream-ammos doesnt change the fired stream

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I kind of have an idea how to fix it but don't have time to setup a mod for reproduction and testing at the moment, and since it's not an issue in vanilla, I am moving it to minor issues for time being. If you post here a mod that I can use to reproduce it, I'll fix it before 1.0

(For future me, or someone: fix would be to clear shooter's pointer to fluidstream when gun selection changes; question: can this happen also by swapping ammo?)

Return to “Minor issues”