Achievements don't "withstand" Updates

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
NNW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Achievements don't "withstand" Updates

Post by NNW »

I had changed from the "Steam Version" of Factorio to the "Normal" version because the only thing that Steams additional have is "Cloud Saving" and I don't need this feature.
The little Problem is now: every time the Game client run an update, the achievements "are gone" and I get it again, and again and again :D

LordLog117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Achievements don't "withstand" Updates

Post by LordLog117 »

I don't think this is a bug, simply because you may have disabled cloud sync. Cloud sync may have been responsible for carrying over achievements across versions.

NNW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NNW »

"Mist"
I don't want to use Steam only because of this.
Sometimes the Steam Client went "amok" and "use virtual" all the available Disk Space on Linux so you can't save anymore. You must do then a kill -9 or 23 to stop steam. But this stops the Factorio process too...

Xystem4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xystem4 »

Are the achievements gone just on steam or in-game as well? This sounds like a natural result of turning off cloud saves.

NNW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NNW »

Only Ingame. I don't use the steam version anymore.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hello, can you post your factorio-current.log, please?

My theory is that there is an error on writing to achievement.dat file due to maybe file permissions getting corrupted, so deleting the file and letting the game create new one would fix it - but if you do that, you will lose achievements you already unlocked. In case you care about that.

Return to “Pending”