[0.18.18] Extra sound playing when digging items

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
hames_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.18] Extra sound playing when digging items

Post by hames_3 »

Someone mentioned they heard an assembler pickup sound when they finish mining big sandy rocks. I have also noticed an extra sound playing when I finish mining rails and walls. The sound is like a machine is working, but only for a fraction of a second, upon completion of the mining of said item.

I mined an item, it finished mining, and an extra sound played, which sounded like a machine working. I didn't expect this sound to be here, as it sounds totally unrelated to the mining.

I have not heard the sound with every item however, as trees do not make an audible noise

List of items sound was heard with:
Walls
Rails
Turrets
Rocks
Belts (for a very short time)
Gates
(edit: added the save file, although I expect it is not dependant on the save)
Attachments
Achievement Hunter.zip
save file
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
factorio-current.log
log file
(5.49 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Deitrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.18] Whooshing sound when digging certain items

Post by Deitrix »

Since 0.18.18, I've been experiencing an odd whooshing sound when mining certain items. This happens on a fresh save with no mods. For example, I loaded up one of the scenarios in both 0.18.17 and 0.18.18 for comparison.

0.18.17 - https://youtu.be/66TgfGdVB6U

0.18.18 - https://youtu.be/cSK7Gm9kcJM

bluerock
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.18] Extra sound playing when digging items

Post by bluerock »

I've tested in 0.18.18 purely vanilla and when mining a large rock as soon as the rock disappears I get the same sound as one would get when mining an assembler which seems out of place. Immediately following that I also get a faint whoosh sound like fluid sloshing in a pipe. I would either expect no sound after completing the mining of a rock or some type of crumbling rock sound would be awesome.

bobby45800
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bobby45800 »

The deconning sound for walls has an amplified "fluid flow in pipe" sound that is very noticable. When you deconstruct a pipe full of a fluid, I understand it making the sound. However if you place a pipe on its own that has no fluid, the sound still plays. In fact, no matter what item I construct, I always hear the very short sound at the end. But it's present in everything. I think it's just louder when deconning walls because the overal deconstruction sound for walls is generally much louder than deconning anything else.
Probably just a copy and paste error. This should be resolved soon.
The nice thing about Windows is, it doesn’t just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press “OK” first :)

bluerock
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bluerock »

Just wanted to give an update in new observations after the release of 0.18.21. 0.18.21 has improved this bug a little, but has not resolved the issue. Now when mining items (any item I believe, some more noticeable than others) there is only one extra sound which is the 'fluid flow in pipe' sound that plays. In 0.18.18 I observed multiple extra sounds when mining an item. For example when mining a large rock I would hear an 'assembler pickup' sound and the 'fluid in pipe sound'. Now in 0.18.21 I just hear the extra 'fluid in pipe' sound breifly after mining pretty much any item. It is most noticeable however on mining specific things like walls or large rocks.

bluerock
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bluerock »

Verified faint 'whoosh' sound playing after player mines many items even in .18.27. Starting to second guess whether this sound is intentional or not. For example picking up a power pole gives an initial 'click' sound followed by the faint 'whoosh'. Is the whoosh representing the sound of putting the item in your pocket? Or is it some type of pipe mining sound that that is somehow playing by accident in addition? Could a dev confirm? As mentioned previously, whoosh sound is most noticeable after picking up walls.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I've reported the 'warble' noise previously and it was worked on somewhat recently - so it might be in a future release soon.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

From testing version 1.0 this is fixed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”