[0.18.17] Vanilla desync when changing logistic request

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MJDSys
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.17] Vanilla desync when changing logistic request

Post by MJDSys »

I was playing Factorio tonight with a friend. They just added a logistic request for some items, when the game desync'ed. Everytime after that, as soon as they connected the game would immediately desync, no matter what I did with my player character (enabling/disabling logistics, moving around, disconnecting entirely, etc). I was only able to get the game to stop by deleting them from the server, removing all of their inventory/requests. Afterwards they were able to add logistic requests and we were able to continue as normal.

First desync: https://stuff.mjdsystems.ca/desync-repo ... -29-02.zip
Another desync after when they connected: https://stuff.mjdsystems.ca/desync-repo ... -34-52.zip

I imagine just connecting to this game as sanilogc21 will be enough to trigger the desync. It happens immediately on my server everytime.

TL;DR:
Steps taken before desync: Logistc request added by sanilogc21 player to character, and then everytime after they connect
Reproducible: Not so far, they were able to add logistic requests after being deleted.

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.17] Vanilla desync when changing logistic request

Post by Windsinger »

Can confirm, we had 2 similar cases, (This time with 18.18)

Both they either added or changed their personal logistic request in the new GUI.

File1: https://mega.nz/file/D1ZDRIZJ#PxDg3WKJ5 ... 9okF-gO0dc
File2: https://mega.nz/file/K8A3mKDR#4Ii7OPfO9 ... h8kinYimWM

Same resolution, Deleted the char, afterwards it was all ok again.

Edit - Forgot to add, this was also with Vanilla map, no mods.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Do you know of any way to reproduce this desync from a "known working state"? Some series of steps to reproduce it from a new game?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Windsinger »

I've been trying to read through the forums, reddit/discord to hear what people did that triggered and retried it many times or slight variantions of it. i was not able to trigger it myself unfortunately.

Last night it happened on our server 3 times during buildup of the the base, 3 different people client, once i deleted them it was fine.

Sidenote, after those de-syncs what we also noticed is that if we do

/p o
we say the people online correctly,

/admin
That list was totally wrong, only corrected itself after a server restart. (players online that were not there...)

Afterwards i've not heard any de-sync reports since. So not entirely sure where or how to pinpoint this.

BulletToothJake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BulletToothJake »

I have 2 more desync reports from the same server WindSinger is referring to. One is from my player causing and one from when another player caused it. Both were while adding a logistic request. They are both about 122mb each.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report and the save files/desync files. With the help of Boskid it's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MJDSys
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MJDSys »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Thanks for the report and the save files/desync files. With the help of Boskid it's now fixed for the next release.
Thanks Rseding91!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”