[0.17.79] I just got the Achievement for running over 100 Trees even though I never drove a non-Train Vehicle

Bugs that are actually features.
GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.79] I just got the Achievement for running over 100 Trees even though I never drove a non-Train Vehicle

Post by GregoriusT »

I just got the Achievement for running over 100 Trees even though I never drove a non-Train Vehicle. All I can imagine this to have happened is when Biters of all things ran over Trees and it somehow counted towards my Achievements. This is stupid hard to reproduce for me (not well versed with the Editor), so I would just suggest looking at the Code to see if it really triggers if anything that is not owned by your own Party is running over a Tree.
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] I just got the Achievement for running over 100 Trees even though I never drove a non-Train Vehicle

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The achievement only requires you run over 100 trees while in some vehicle. Beyond that, it doesn't care if it's a fluid wagon (still a vehicle), locomotive, tank, or car.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] I just got the Achievement for running over 100 Trees even though I never drove a non-Train Vehicle

Post by GregoriusT »

Yeah but the Train doesn't run over trees, because it is on rails, you know. This isn't real life where storms can cause Trees to fall on Tracks to be then ran over by Trains. XD

And to be clear, I did NOT run over anything while this happened, I was not even in a vehicle! (when i said i never drove a non-train vehicle, that was in general, not just at that moment) It happened when I aggroed a lot of Biters with my manual Artillery, so I can only assume Biters themselves ran over Trees (like they often tend to do) to cause this. (This was also after all artillery rounds landed already)
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Return to “Not a bug”