[Rseding] [0.17.79] You can mine entities in map view after deleting ghost

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Killerco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding] [0.17.79] You can mine entities in map view after deleting ghost

Post by Killerco »

I discovered this by accident not sure if its a mod that's causing it or in the base game itself but i can delete things while the map is on, I figured it was a bug because you need to first remove a blueprint for it to work.

The process to repeat this is you place a blueprint then any structure then open your map then delete the blueprint you made and while still holding down right click move your cursor over the structure you placed to delete it, the effect will last as long as you are holding it down once you release and try to delete things again nothing happens, also i was using mods when i found this out and the only one that i think would possible effect it is factorio reach, Which is also how i discovered it while using its long range using the map

In the video below i held right click removed a blueprint then deleted a structure, directly after i leg go of it and then tried to delete the other walls but nothing happened.

I have confirmed this to be a bug after removing all my mods and starting a SP game, Same thing happened.
Attachments
Bug.mp4
(12.35 MiB) Downloaded 109 times

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] You can delete things while in world map

Post by BlueTemplar »

You can operate on entities while in map view, as long as you're in range - how is it a bug ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

As far as I can tell, this is NaB. You can operate on entities nearby the player from the map, and you are able to remove entities with a RMB operation that started on a ghost.

EDIT: Minor issue, see my later comment.
Last edited by TruePikachu on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

TruePikachu wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:51 pm
and you are able to remove entities with a RMB operation that started on a ghost.
So the "bug" report is more like "inconsistent map interaction: mining buildings from zoom-to-world view requires removing a ghost first". Because usually you can not mine buildings from z-t-w even if you're in reach-distance.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Wow, how did I never notice that ? Any reason why you can place but not (usually) pick up from map view ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Killerco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Killerco »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm
You can operate on entities while in map view, as long as you're in range - how is it a bug ?
No you can only operate on them when a ghosted object has been destroyed did you read what I said or watch the clip?
Last edited by Killerco on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killerco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Killerco »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm
No that is not what this report is about, it’s about that you must first destroy a ghosted object to delete a structure not interact with it, it’s not a feature, try to delete objects while In map mode, or just read what I said carefully and watch the clip, if it wasn’t a bug it wouldn’t require me to delete a ghosted building first, simple as that
Last edited by Killerco on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killerco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Killerco »

TruePikachu wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:51 pm
As far as I can tell, this is NaB. You can operate on entities nearby the player from the map, and you are able to remove entities with a RMB operation that started on a ghost.
If it ain’t a bug why must you first destroy a ghosted object for it to work, if i have to destroy a ghosted object before destroying another then it’s a bug, simple as that
Last edited by Killerco on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Killerco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:33 pm
If it ain’t a big why must you first destroy a ghosted object for it to work
It's not a bug because it doesn't allow you to do anything that would otherwise be impossible. And it doesn't cause any problems. It's just "annoying" to use.

In any case spamming will only make the thread more difficult to read and thus more likely to not get any attention. Just. Wait. (That includes not answering to this post.)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] You can mine entities in map view after deleting ghost

Post by robot256 »

I just replicated his test, and repeated it with the player character out of reach of the entities. The actual bug is that you can't mine entities from zoom-to-world map view that are within reach unless you mine a ghost first, don't release the mouse button, and drag across the entity within range. It's low priority for sure, but it's the kind of inconsistent behavior that the devs will probably be happy to fix when it is reported correctly.

It's low priority because you so rarely use the map to look at things within your own building reach.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] You can mine entities in map view after deleting ghost

Post by TruePikachu »

Yeah, had time to test as well. With the currently-implemented logic, you don't enter mine-entities mode when you start pressing RMB on a nearby entity within the map, but you do enter mine-ghosts mode when doing such on a ghost. However, mine-ghosts mode implies mine-entities mode as per the usual non-map logic, allowing one to mine entities that are within the player's reach.

Personally, since one is able to construct nearby entities from the map IIRC, I see no reason why the player should be prevented from mining nearby entities from the map as well. It's also a simpler resolution than e.g. making a mine-only-ghosts mode that can clutter the logic slightly.

Return to “Minor issues”