Logitech G505 Mouse Led Bug

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
jaideep
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logitech G505 Mouse Led Bug

Post by jaideep »

The mouse led turns orange only when a new save is loaded (or a new game is started).
I use the Logitech G Hub software to have profiles automatically change to a factorio dedicated profile when factorio is the active window. When I minimise the game, my mouse switches to the desktop profile and so do my LEDs. The problem arises when I go back to factorio and my mouse LED just turns off. If I reload the current save or load any other save then the LED starts again. My guess is that the game updates the LED's state only on game load and does not account for minimise.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Logitech G505 Mouse Led Bug

Post by TruePikachu »

Either disable mouse LED control within the profile, or Factorio's Logitech LED control if you don't use it at all. In my experience, Factorio doesn't touch the mouse LEDs past init.

jaideep
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jaideep »

The game does do some LED effects on damage and such.
I like the LED integration so I keep it switched on. I just think that this is a very easy to fix bug and can be simply fixed by updating the LED's state whenever the game regains focus.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think Factorio does nothing, and only Logitech software detects when the Factorio process in ran, and sets your mouse's LEDs color, but doesn't do so when you change the focus out and back to Factorio.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I've never seen lighting effects work on my G600, though.

@Koub: If Factorio's control is enabled and the profiler is set up to allow games to control lighting effects, Factorio does something I forget on init, but doesn't appear to touch it any further, and it turns off entirely on alt+tab. I'd need to review with my own mouse when I have a chance.

Version 9.02.61 of the profiler works correctly wrt alt+tab in the case where game control over the LED is disabled, and control is exclusively given to the active profile.

EDIT:

With no explicit profile defined for Factorio, and a default profile in place, and Factorio Logitech LED support enabled:
  1. Before launch, LED is as for the default profile
  2. After launch, LED remains a deep blue color (set by Factorio itself), even when getting hurt by enemies or alt+tab
  3. Color remains deep blue until G-shift button is pressed, where it then changes back to the default profile's color (since the color is reassigned upon entry to G-shifted-mode)
  4. Color remains as default even when getting hurt by enemies
I guess something changed since I tested it previously (I can't tell what; I do distinctly remember earlier tests resulting in the LED turning off completely, and it's possible I was experimenting with a Factorio-specific profile at the time), but this also just reveals how different the light settings work on different devices.

jaideep
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jaideep »

I have seen my G502 change its led intensity during the initial loading and the led turns to factorio color when I load a new save.
There isn't much the game does but there definitely is something.
Check out the Razer Chroma section in FFF #218.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

This just tells me there's a number of outstanding bugs in the Logitech RGB support somewhere. I've never dealt with the API itself, however, so I can't really say where the bugs might lie. This issue would need testing with a wider range of hardware, possibly including a couple keyboards.

For completeness sake, what is:
  • Your OS version (I'm on Win7)
  • Your mouse driver's version in the device manager (8.57.0.0)
  • Your profiler software's name and version (I'm using Logitech Gaming Software 9.02.61)
  • Your mouse's firmware version (U77.02_B0017 on my G600, which is up to date)

Anna95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anna95 »

jaideep wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:08 pm
The mouse led turns orange only when a new save is loaded (or a new game is started).
I use the Logitech G Hub software to have profiles automatically change to a factorio dedicated profile when factorio is the active window. When I minimise the game, my mouse switches to the desktop profile and so do my LEDs. The problem arises when I go back to factorio and my mouse LED just turns off. If I reload the current save or load any other save then the LED starts again. My guess is that the game updates the LED's state only on game load and does not account for minimise. mcdvoice
I am facing the same issue. someone help me out.

jaideep
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jaideep »

Hi sorry for the late reply. Here are my specs.
  • Windows 10 Pro (v1909) (Build: 18363.535)
  • Mouse Driver: HID-compliant mouse v10.0.18362.1
  • Mouse software: Logitech G Hub v2019.11.29288
  • Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
  • Mouse Firmware: v127.2.8

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

This doesn't really matter at this point

Return to “Minor issues”