[Allaizn] [0.17.79] Cliff removed although shown as not colliding

Bugs that we just recently fixed in our development version, and will get to you in the next release.
Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Allaizn] [0.17.79] Cliff removed although shown as not colliding

Post by Impatient » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:40 pm

When trying to place blueprints, cliffs colliding with entities in the bp are outlined in red, while hovering the bp over an area. Like so:

factorio_bug_cliff_removal_1.jpg
factorio_bug_cliff_removal_1.jpg (53.63 KiB) Viewed 172 times

In the above case, as I wanted the cliff to be part of my wall, I moved the bp one tile to the right, so the cliffs are not shown to collided with the wall pieces in the bp. Then it shows me this:

factorio_bug_cliff_removal_2.jpg
factorio_bug_cliff_removal_2.jpg (59.59 KiB) Viewed 172 times

But when I place the bp, the cliff still is marked for destruction. Like seen here:

factorio_bug_cliff_removal_3.jpg
factorio_bug_cliff_removal_3.jpg (61.69 KiB) Viewed 172 times

I would expect the cliff to be shown as still colliding before placing the bp or the cliff not marked for destruction after I place the bp.

This is not much of a nuisance in most cases, as one would like to remove the cliffs anyways. Just in case of a walled defense line it is, as cliffs are used as indestructible "walls".

I encountered this a lot of times already. To an extent, that I reverted to build manually close to the cliffs. I just never made the effort to write a report. But this time I died shortly after :? and when reloading the autosave, I remembered that this time I have the perfect save to show this. :D

Allaizn
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Allaizn] [0.17.79] Cliff removed although shown as not colliding

Post by Allaizn » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Thanks for the report, it's now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved for the next release”