Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
- Fast Inserter
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 pm
The "Heat Furnace" mod provides furnaces powered by heat, with heatpipe connections. I have a circumstance where:
- Build some heat furnaces
- Get them up to temperature
- Build some more furnaces (also some ghosts)
- Some subset of the initial furnaces disconnect from the grid
- After the grid is heated back up to greater than their initial disconnection temperature, they rejoin
I have attached a save file which exhibits this behavior. Over the next few minutes the furnaces steadily online themselves further. There is a very interesting point at roughly 7:32:00 when the left disconnected line gets to temperature, reconnects, reconnects with a bunch of cold furnaces, cools down to off, and that sudden temperature jump causes disconnections elsewhere.
It also appears that sticking a single heat pipe onto one of the hot furnaces doesn't connect at all. Sometimes (i.e. I just retried it and it worked that time).
- (4.81 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
- Filter Inserter
- Posts: 902
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:39 pm
I can't do any testing right now, but:
- Does this still happen in the latest version of Factorio?
- Does this happen with the vanilla heat exchangers?
- What is the disconnect temperature?
- What happens if the furnace is used (reducing the temperature) while it is disconnected?
I pulled the most recent version of the mod (changelog says the relevant portions hadn't changed since this thread was made); it doesn't run any Lua mid-game, only during data load. It specifies an operational temperature of 500°, which would be my first guess as to the disconnect threshold (possibly so that the machine doesn't cool down beyond the operational temperature as a result of external forces; recall that normal machines use an energy buffer that is only drained by machine operation or idle drain, and never
by external forces). If this is the case, a dry heat exchanger would theoretically exhibit the same behaviour, elevating this to a pure-vanilla bug.
- Manual Inserter
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 pm
I don"t know if this is the same problem but I have "active" disconnected heat pipes (vanilla game with squeak through mod - 0.17.79) :
Users browsing this forum: No registered users