[0.17.41][Modding] Listbox gui is not the same before versus after using debug options.

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.41][Modding] Listbox gui is not the same before versus after using debug options.

Post by lovely_santa »

Hi,

While modding I came across this (minor) issue. First I open my UI as intended, as it is shown in the picture:
step2b.PNG
step2b.PNG (129.97 KiB) Viewed 737 times
If not yet active, I open the gui layout debug options (pressing ctrl + F5), as shown in the picture below:
step1.PNG
step1.PNG (384.77 KiB) Viewed 737 times
When removing the debug option again by pressing ctrl + F5 again, the textbox entries are slightly shifted towards the top left, leaving an awefull edge on the right and bottom of the listbox, as shown in this picture:
step2.PNG
step2.PNG (193.01 KiB) Viewed 737 times
As you can see, comparing the first and last picture, the entries are shifted. When closing and reopening the UI again (destroy and recreate), everything is back to normal.

To test this out, I've added a save and the mod used in question.

Kind regards
lovely_santa
Attachments
tmp.zip
save file
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
trainConstructionSite_0.1.0.zip
mod
(452.81 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.41][Modding] Listbox gui is not the same before versus after using debug options.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is due to the widget logic of "don't resize smaller" and isn't something we're going to be looking into. The debug option is for debugging and may have unintended side effects (such as this). Simply don't use it if it causes you problems.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”