[0.17.32] Can't copy error text from "Error loading mods" dialogue box.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.32] Can't copy error text from "Error loading mods" dialogue box.

Post by mrudat »

What did you do?
Did something that caused the "Error loading mods" dialogue box to report an error, for example:

Code: Select all

error("I should be able to copy this text to send to the mod author")
What happened?
The "Error loading mods" dialogue box popped up, but it's not possible to select the text to attempt to copy it, or at least, dragging, typing CTRL-A, and double and triple clicking on the text didn't do anything.
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
I expected to be able to copy the text from the dialogue box so that it can be supplied to the mod author.

Perhaps have a 'copy error text' button?

Or a button that when clicked opens a url that will offer to post a new bug report on the mod portal?

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] Can't copy error text from "Error loading mods" dialogue box.

Post by robot256 »

This would be nice, but maybe it's more of a suggestion than a bug? The error text shows up in in the factorio_current.log file in the game directory, so I just copy it out of there to send to the mod author. It's usually more useful to send the whole log file anyway, since it shows what versions of everything you are running so they can reproduce it.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.32] Can't copy error text from "Error loading mods" dialogue box.

Post by Bilka »

See 103769, this was implemented for 2.0.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Implemented in 2.0”