[0.17.32] Joining Electric networks count overlapping energy producers double

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Adam_v_R
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.32] Joining Electric networks count overlapping energy producers double

Post by Adam_v_R »

Hi All,

I have a setup, where depending on overall battery charge, more and more steam turbines are joining in to keep up with demand - using power switches.
I noticed, that in the joint network the count of turbines is incorrect (double). I noticed that the turbines are touched by two different networks each, which is not a problem for my setup, but it ends up in the bug of incorrectly counting the turbines, when these networks are joined.

I tried replicating it with solar panels as well, and it prompts the same error.
Power production is counted correctly, but number of power producers are not.
I believe, when networks are joined, the code only adds up the number of producers in each networks, not checking for overlapping ones - thereby getting to an incorrect sum.
I'll try to attach screenshots - as clarification:

ScreenShot 1)
FactorioBug_20190420_ScreenShot1.jpg
FactorioBug_20190420_ScreenShot1.jpg (273.92 KiB) Viewed 984 times
This is my original screenshot from the game, where I discovered the bug. As you can see the game says 52 turbines are running, producing 138 MW.
I only have 32 turbines, thus 52 is a tad bit suspicious... Also 138MW/5.8MW = 24 turbines, which seems reasonable to me based on the game state.
It means, the power production is probably correct, but the number of producers is not.

ScreenShots 2-3)
This is a setup I did for replication.
ScreenShot 2 shows the setup of 2 solar panels, each touched by both of the separate networks' poles.
FactorioBug_20190420_ScreenShot2.jpg
FactorioBug_20190420_ScreenShot2.jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 984 times
The two networks are joined together.
ScreenShot 3 shows how the joint network counts the 2x2 solar panels as 4, while actually there are only 2, both overlapping in both networks.
FactorioBug_20190420_ScreenShot3.jpg
FactorioBug_20190420_ScreenShot3.jpg (57.02 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Hope it's helpful,
Let me know!
Thanks,
Adam

Ps.:
I've clocked over 1100 hours into Factorio.
You guys are doing too great of a job...
Keep it up:)

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] Joining Electric networks count overlapping energy producers double

Post by tehfreek »

Old issue, won't be fixed.

Return to “Won't fix.”