Bugs that are actually features.
TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.31] Public server list displays old information

Post by TwentyEighty »

Server log:

Code: Select all

1.843 Script @__stdlib__/stdlib/data/data.lua:44: Recipe recipe/bi-wooden-fence does not exist.  [stack traceback:->__pycoalprocessing__/prototypes/updates/recipe-updates.lua:22:]
   1.844 Script @__stdlib__/stdlib/data/data.lua:44: Recipe recipe/wood does not exist.  [stack traceback:->__pycoalprocessing__/data-updates.lua:48:]
   1.844 Script @__pycoalprocessing__/prototypes/recipes/advanced-foundry-recipes.lua:49: Creating additional foundry recipes
   1.935 Loading mod pyfusionenergy 1.2.0 (data-updates.lua)
   2.031 Loading mod pyhightech 1.1.2 (data-updates.lua)
   2.380 Script @__stdlib__/stdlib/data/data.lua:44: Recipe recipe/remud-dirty-water does not exist.
[stack traceback:->__pyhightech__/data-updates.lua:26:]
   2.381 Script @__stdlib__/stdlib/data/data.lua:44: Item steel-bearing does not exist.  [stack traceback:->__pyhightech__/data-updates.lua:44:]
   2.381 Script @__stdlib__/stdlib/data/data.lua:44: Recipe reci
Public server list

Notice pyhightech. I can sometimes fix this by restarting the server. Sometimes it displays correctly, sometimes it says the mod is old. When I try to join the game, it says the mod versions don't match, even though in reality they do match.

Additionally another user in the discord server-setup-help saw something similiar with the hours played on a map.

As I was typing this I hit refresh again and the problem went away.

These pictures were taken within minutes of each other. The problem keeps coming and going.

Benneb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] Public server list displays old information

Post by Benneb »

I was seeing the same with the server name, playtime and it was showing me as playing when I wasn't.
The problem has finally gone away after ~12 hours. The server itself was offline for ~8-10hours

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

I don't see this anymore either :shrug:

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

I've also experienced weirdness with server displays:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47244&p=306847&hil ... te#p306847

I wonder if it's related to Factorio game servers run on server farms or VMs that are less-than-perfectly setup, or just needing a better purge setting on Factorio's side.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is how the server list works: it caches the information and if a server just dies or is killed without going through the proper steps the list has no way to know it doesn't exist anymore. When a server is created or updated it takes some time for the list to update and so you may see outdated information until that happens.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”