[posila][0.17.23] Microstutter

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Coffee2Code
Inserter
Inserter

[posila][0.17.23] Microstutter

Post by Coffee2Code »

Some microstuttering going on, it used to be smooth as butter.

Here's a video showing the microstutter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsLirf30I4

Can't be the hardware either, VSync on/off no difference.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(9.63 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.23] Microstutter

Post by malventano »

dxgi-presentation-model=flip-discard
fixed it (not perfect but significantly improved) here as well. Running Windows 10, with windowed g-sync enabled if that matters. I'm not sure where this issue crept back in, but I believe it was more recently.

...but this should not be required to prevent microstutters on a default Factorio installation, right? I wonder what is causing the issue...
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Coffee2Code
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee2Code »

malventano wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:03 am
dxgi-presentation-model=flip-discard
fixed it (not perfect but significantly improved) here as well. Running Windows 10, with windowed g-sync enabled if that matters. I'm not sure where this issue crept back in, but I believe it was more recently.

...but this should not be required to prevent microstutters on a default Factorio installation, right? I wonder what is causing the issue...
Its not buttery smooth but playable.

I actually wasn't able to play anymore as the stuttering gave me a migraine :(

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Might be related to 69022, with the difference being what happens to the surface during blitting (if it keeps the previous content or if it gets blacked out). Notably, this issue is on nVidia hardware, while 69022 might be on AMD/ATI (I can't say for certain, since OP never provided that information, but I get the same issue and am on AMD hardware).

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila][0.17.23] Microstutter

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.

As of 0.17.46, dxgi-presentation-model defaults to flip-discard on Windows 8 or higher. Additionally, in 0.17.48 there will be graphics option to toggle between flip and copy.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”