[0.17.17] Incorrect Item Layering on Right-Facing Belts

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
aedificatori
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.17] Incorrect Item Layering on Right-Facing Belts

Post by aedificatori »

Working on my factory, I noticed that items exiting a belt curving from "up" to "right" would suddenly render differently and sit on top of previous items on the belt, with the change occurring at the point indicated in the screenshot. This does not occur for all rotations, and the issue seems to be that belts moving to the right show items as they would be seen for a belt moving to the left. Put another way, the items on the belt moving to the right are "stacked" in the wrong direction, and this causes visual discrepancies when switching belt orientations.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I wanted to mention it since it's distracting/disorienting when noticed.

bad_belt_layering.png
bad_belt_layering.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1075 times

aedificatori
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.17] Incorrect Item Layering on Right-Facing Belts

Post by aedificatori »

I checked again, and this occurs for "up-to-right" transitions and "down-to-left" transitions, visible in the upper left and lower right corners of this screenshot, respectively. In the former case, this is represented by an item being underneath both of its neighbors, and in the latter case, this is represented by an item being on top of both of its neighbors.

bad_belt_layering_v2.png
bad_belt_layering_v2.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 1048 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.17] Incorrect Item Layering on Right-Facing Belts

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.

This might be solvable, and I might think more about it when we do item rendering optimization, but it is very minor issue, and it is not worth it to spend time on this at the moment. Unfortunatelly you can't unsee it, once you do see it.

Return to “Won't fix.”