[0.17.16] Construction robots are not building when tried to build fast after destroy not finished

Bugs that are actually features.
luc3k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.16] Construction robots are not building when tried to build fast after destroy not finished

Post by luc3k »

So I was in the middle of building huge blueprint only with personal robots. Part of it was already done. Then I was seeing that I positioned it in wrong position. What I did I simply selected whole thing by deconstruction planner and removed it. Then when it was still not removed (many X everywhere) I tried to build the construction again but in proper position. Effect is that robots are flying around me with belts not building or removing. I think that they want to build when they should remove or opposite and they cant.

save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lby4b6yufq764 ... s.zip?dl=0

On the screenshot these bots are only flying around me from time to time:
factorio_2019-03-21_17-56-43.jpg
factorio_2019-03-21_17-56-43.jpg (745.72 KiB) Viewed 2425 times

lvllord
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.16] Construction robots are not building when tried to build fast after destroy not finished

Post by lvllord »

I was just about to post something like this, too.
The bots will do what they "see" first and won't abort.
Had and issue with solar panels, which my personal bots alls tried to build, while the old belts on the far part of the solar panel was still there but marked for deconstruction.
Had to remove the belts myself to resolve the deadlock (maybe moving away would have solved this, too).

In addition:
Would it be possible to cancel a deconstruction, when the same item is placed on top again?
Currently the old thing will be deconstructed first and then placed again, even if it is the same object with the same configuration.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.16] Construction robots are not building when tried to build fast after destroy not finished

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report but you simply need way more robots.

Robots specifically don't have incredibly smart logic about how they build/remove things because (primarily) it would impact performance too much and secondarily they aren't meant to be that smart.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”