Corrupt saves

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
auburncap
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Corrupt saves

Post by auburncap »

Not really sure if this is a bug or a corrupt map. I've checked the forums but didn't find any results.

I went to load my new map for 17 today and it would not load because the game said something about a CRC check error...no big deal i'll just use one of the auto saves...
except they look like this

Everything seems to function fine, it just looks like garbage.

With some experimentation, I found that if i place stone bricks down on one of the trouble areas and then remove it, it fixes the issue, but only for that one spot.

Is my save file just trash or is this fixable?
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(5.2 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Corrupt saves

Post by TruePikachu »

Please attach the logfile for loading a problematic autosave, and potentially the original corrupted save as well.

auburncap
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by auburncap »

Attached are the two files requested.

Is the file "factorio-current.log" under AppData/Roaming/Factorio the one you wanted?
Attachments
factorio-current.log
log file
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
17.zip
corrupt save file
(5.15 MiB) Downloaded 25 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

The logfile only indicates attempts to load the corrupted save (with the invalid CRC); I wanted to check for any warnings etc. present when loading an autosave.

As for the corrupted savegame, the .zip-file-level CRC for level.dat doesn't match; I'm currently in the process of attempting to determine why this mismatch exists.

auburncap
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by auburncap »

I appreciate you looking. Don't spend too much time looking into it unless you think it's a legit issue, I'm not that far into the map, just have the first 4 science packs. Just wanted to see if anyone could give any input if they have seen the weird graphical issues i saw in the auto save files.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

My best guess is that they're some sort of invalid decorative, but since the game is already known to be in a faulty state for whatever reason, it doesn't entirely matter what they are.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

On the screenshot, grass texture for 1x1 tiles seem to be corrupted. Does the problem persist if you restart the game? If so, try to verify integrity of game files in Factorio properties in Steam Library.

Given the texture corruption and save ZIP corruption, I have high suspicion something in your computer is dying.

I tried to re-zip the corrupted save and it loaded for me after that.
Attachments
67969_17.zip
(5.15 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

Return to “Pending”