[0.17.8] Sound Stops Working On Linux

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
electricOzone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.8] Sound Stops Working On Linux

Post by electricOzone »

What did you do?
Sounds seems to randomly stop working on Linux. I've included two factorio-current.log files. In the first case, sound stopped working when I was in the map preview page when generating a new map. I adjusted the water scale from 100% to 133% and then the sound stopped working. In the second case, the sound stopped working part way through the loading screen right after starting the game. I have repeated the second case three or four times in the last 10 minutes by restarting the game repeatedly.

What happened?
In both of the cases listed here, sound cuts to complete silence in Factorio. A full restart of the game is required to fix this. All other applications that use sound have no issues on this computer.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Sound should work correctly in the game.

For reference, I opened a bug on this in 0.16 as well:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=64490&p=397915#p397915
Attachments
factorio-current-map-editor.log
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
factorio-current-loading-screen.log
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.8] Sound Stops Working On Linux

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Does this still happen? We haven't changed sound related anything in a long time and you seem to be the only person having problems (plus you're on Linux - Linux users seem to always have these weird problems).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”