[0.16.51] Constructions bots not repairing efficiently in long roboport chains

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16.51] Constructions bots not repairing efficiently in long roboport chains

Post by Locane »

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it seems like an unintended behavior.

At the end of a long roboport chain (of 15 or so, I understand "long" is relative) I'll frequently have a damaged laser turret that needs repair.

In that same base is a local roboport with 10 or 15 construction bots and 30 or so repair packs.

Yet, the game will choose to send a construction bot from my main base, or from the middle of the chain somewhere, to fly out and repair the laser turret at the end, and NOT one of the 10 or 15 repair pack equipped bots right there.

It seems like buildings in need of repair should invoke the nearest construction bots with repair packs. I'm not sure what the logic is that is currently governing them.

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Constructions bots not repairing efficiently in long roboport chains

Post by CJ5Boss »

I have noticed this as well, bots coming from all over a base to repair a far entity.
My guess is right now the logic is that the robot that detects the required task first is assigned to it and a bot receives the task by somewhat of a chance. This should be changed to detect the task in an area, then assign a robot from the nearest roboport.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Constructions bots not repairing efficiently in long roboport chains

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Can you please post a save file showing the issue?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”