[Oxyd] [0.16.51] Frozen Biters

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
Stevetrov
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.16.51] Frozen Biters

Post by Stevetrov » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 am

This bug presents in a very similar way to the bug that was fixed in 0.16.16 under this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55370&p=331467&hil ... er#p331467

This save is from a multiplayer game on the explosive servers that uses a custom scenario script. I dont know how to remove the scenario script from the save so I havent been able to rule that out, but it seems unlikely as it doesnt appear to change biters in any way.

What did you do?
A friend of mine has been prolific over the 24 hours preceding this save building an extensive network of automated defenses with built in artillery turrets. As a result we have killed over 25,000 nests in the last 10 hours of in game time. However, there are a large number of biters that have been left behind as a result and apparently are frozen. According to show active entity counts on chunks these biters are all still active but only seem to do anything when a player approaches. Our defenses are being attacked a bit but only by a few biters here and there.

What happened?
I suspected the problem may have been the number of "active" biters so I loaded the map in SP and ran the command to kill all biters `/c game.forces["enemy"].kill_all_units()`. Average update time dropped from 46ms -> 22ms in a few seconds.

What would I expect to happen?
I would expect that biters from destroyed nests attack the player where possible, join another nest if they cant and despawn after a period if they are unable to do either. Whilst they are not attacking or moving to another nest, I would expect them to use essentially 0 UPS.

Logfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YATAMM ... sp=sharing

Savefile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K7Pd0 ... meeYS8IbFq

Let me know if you need any more information.

Return to “Bug Reports”