[0.16.51] Gui slider jumps by 2x

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
osldgoth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16.51] Gui slider jumps by 2x

Post by osldgoth »

When the mouse cursor is over a gui slider on either side of the slider handle and the scroll wheel is rolled the slider value changes 1x
examples:
train color slider: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4...
train schedule wait until inactivity: 0, 5, 10, 15...

When the mouse is over the slider handle and the scroll wheel is rolled, the slider value changes 2x

train color slider: 0, 2, 4, 6...
train schedule wait until inactivity: 0, 10, 20, 30...

I created a small test mod(below) that creates a gui slider and label* (to show the value). It also prints out the slider value and updates the label via on_gui_value_changed. When scrolling on the handle two numbers are printed and the caption on the label is set to the second number. (maybe it is set to the first number then instantly set to the second?)

*open any gui first

is this intended? I expected all scroll wheel actions to move the slider by the same amount: 1x.
Attachments
slider_test_1.2.3.zip
start new or saved game, open gui. use mouse wheel on slider handle, observe. use mouse wheel on either side of handle, observe.
(959 Bytes) Downloaded 49 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Gui slider jumps by 2x

Post by TruePikachu »

My best guess might be that the handle is accepting the scroll wheel event but also passing it through to the track, which also accepts the event, so it's happening twice.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Gui slider jumps by 2x

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It seems to be fixed for 0.17 with all of the GUI refactoring going on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”