[0.16.51] Can't place tile ghost on identical tile marked for deconstruction

Bugs that are actually features.
dewiniaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16.51] Can't place tile ghost on identical tile marked for deconstruction

Post by dewiniaid »

I'm in the middle of writing a mod to intelligently cancel deconstruction orders in certain circumstances -- i.e. when an identical ghost is placed on top of the item to be deconstructed. This can happen in situations where a large blueprint is placed, marked for deconstruction, and then placed a few tiles over as large portions of the blueprint might be identical (i.e. long horizontal belts in a blueprint being shifted to the left one tile)

In the process of this, I realized that attempting to place a blueprint of -- say -- brick -- on top of existing bricks marked for deconstruction results in the existing bricks remaining marked but the new bricks not being placed. However, a blueprint for any different tile can still be placed.

I feel like one of these options should be the correct behavior:
  • Deconstruct the existing tile and place the new (identical) tile -- comparable to current behavior, if rather unintelligent
  • Cancel the existing deconstruction order

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Can't place tile ghost on identical tile marked for deconstruction

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. At the moment we don't treat that scenario in any special way - same for most entities when you try to do that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”