[0.16.51] Crash in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.dll

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.51] Crash in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.dll

Post by zytukin »

Have had it happen a bunch of times over the past week. I leave the game to run while I go off to do other things and come back to find it crashed, sometimes in less then an hour.
factorio-previous.log
(12.15 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
I want to upload the save, but it's 183mb and I don't have strong enough wifi to do it at the moment. Might be able to tomorrow.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.51] Crash in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.dll

Post by Loewchen »

I would start by updating sound drivers, if it only crashes when left alone it could be related to a power savings mode being activated.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however without a way to reproduce the crash there's nothing I can do. Additionally since you're the first person I've seen crashing related to sound on Windows I'd first look at your sound drivers/programs installed to see if there's anything unusual with them before looking at Factorios sound code.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Sorry, forgot about this topic. Did check my drivers and everything was up to date. Seem to have solved the issue though, it never crashed if I had a movie playing and that always kept the laptop from turning off the screen.

Disabled turning off the screen in power saving and haven't had a crash since. No clue what the link is between that and the sound drivers but it seems to have worked.

Niw it just sometimes crashes when I have my laptop closed, but the game isn't running then. Overall it's a windiws issue not a game issue.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”