[0.16.51][mac] Crash: "LuaContext::clearTemporaryStateIncremental()"

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
xorlev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51][mac] Crash: "LuaContext::clearTemporaryStateIncremental()"

Post by xorlev »

So far I haven't found a reliable way to reproduce other than to play for 5-20 minutes. With the same saves / mods on Windows, it seems to behave totally fine. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it eventually segfaults.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.28 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

xorlev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.51][mac] Crash: "LuaContext::clearTemporaryStateIncremental()"

Post by xorlev »

Save attached, sorry about that. I was pretty sure I had.
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(17.3 MiB) Downloaded 75 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however until someone finds a way to reproduce this every time there's nothing I can do. I suspect there's some fault in the Mac compiler when it comes to building Lua since I've never seen or heard of this on Windows but I can't verify because nobody is able to reproduce it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:19 am
Thanks for the report however until someone finds a way to reproduce this every time there's nothing I can do. I suspect there's some fault in the Mac compiler when it comes to building Lua since I've never seen or heard of this on Windows but I can't verify because nobody is able to reproduce it.
I can actually state that there might be a bug in the Lua compile/link steps for Windows as well. I was doing some disassembly of mod-code-related functions (mainly related to `LuaHelper::packageRequire`), and in some inlined Lua functions (IIRC they were related to getting function upvalues) there were references to the wrong register in an unexecuted code path that would have caused a segfault. Notably, I saw a correct reference in one instance of inlining the function and an incorrect reference probably one Factorio-source-code-line down.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Well, until someone knows of a way to reproduce this I can't verify anything. Lua is linked no differently than any of the other parts of Factorio.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”