[Oxyd] [0.16.51][Linux] Unable to set preferred screen when some displays are mirrored

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Ecen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.16.51][Linux] Unable to set preferred screen when some displays are mirrored

Post by Ecen »

Bug: The option to choose a preferred screen is not visible in the Graphics menu, and changing the value directly in the config file does nothing when the game is run on a setup with three displays where one is mirroring another. It does not matter which screen is mirroring which other screen.

Expected: To be able to set a preferred screen even if some displays are mirroring.

My setup is: Ubuntu 18.04 with KDE 5.44.0 / Plasma 5.12.6. My three screens are an HDMI-connected TV, a DisplayPort connected display and a DVI connected 144Hz display. My graphics card is an nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 running driver version 396.54.

Further details:
I have mirrored screens using "xrandr --output DP-1 --same-as HDMI-0" and also by using KDE Plasma's "Displays" GUI.

The log files (attached) indicates that the game only sees one large display when any two displays are mirrored. When two displays are mirrored, the game can still be put in fullscreen on any screen by turning fullscreen off, moving the window to another display and then turning fullscreen on. (But the game will still always start on the screen with the highest screen number.)
Attachments
factorio-mirrored-dvi.log
Log after starting the game with HDMI connected and the other screens are mirroring each other. (Bug appears.)
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
factorio-mirrored.log
Log after starting the game with HDMI connected and mirroring another screen. (Bug appears.)
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
factorio-connected.log
Log after starting the game with HDMI connected but not mirroring. (Does not result in unexpected behavior.)
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.16.51][Linux] Unable to set preferred screen when some displays are mirrored

Post by posila »

Thanks for taking the time to write up the bug report.

Can you try if this is still an issue in 0.17? We have replaced entire window management libraries and rendering backend, so it might be fixed.

Ecen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.16.51][Linux] Unable to set preferred screen when some displays are mirrored

Post by Ecen »

Tested it and this is no longer an issue in 0.17.58! Everything works brilliantly.

Factorio is the most excellent game I've ever played. Thank you for always making it even better :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Amazing. Thanks for testing it out and letting us know.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”