[0.16.51] Train slowing/hitting invisble entity

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jamestomas2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.51] Train slowing/hitting invisble entity

Post by jamestomas2 »

Today upon loading my game my large train makes two successful dropoffs but on the third time round it concertinas in on itself in a blaze of self-destruction.

- System worked perfectly yesterday
- Incident is reliably repeatable - reloading the save file will always result in the same incident occuring at the same moment.
-The 'train' is actually a set of smaller contiguous trains running on a track loop without rail signals.
-When the lead 'sub-train' has hit and maintained top speed for 3 or 4 ticks its speed suddenly drops back to around 250 kph on one tick seemingly without reason - this causes the trains behind to bump it.
-It would be natural to assume some kind of association with my insta-braking shenanigans but
- a) It all worked perfectly yesterday
- b) Checking the map during the incident confirms that none of the stations enable/disable when they're not supposed to
- c) instabraking for that station can only be triggered by one gate and the lead train is too far away at top speed to path through it.
-d) It happens whether the player is on the train or not, seemingly ruling out any accidental player-based triggering of the gate.
-e) There are no rail signals anywhere, and therefore seemingly no possible mechanism by which the train could be caused to re-path or slowdown whilst in motion.
-I put invisible entity in the title simply because I believe the train's location during the exact moment of the speed change is around the place I once had an ornamental gate. I obviously have no idea if that's actually connected, just that I can't think of anything else.

-Save game and log file attached.
-The relevant part of the map should be obvious enough - train loop plus very large block of red circuit factories.
Attachments
circuitdesign.zip
(8.52 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
factorio-current.log
(7.74 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by jamestomas2 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamestomas2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Train slowing/hitting invisble entity (0.16.51)

Post by jamestomas2 »

Follow up information that may or may not be of help:

- I have been able to resolve the issue (for now) by rebuilding the train from freshly spawned entities - after leaving the game running for approx 20 minutes there was no more unexpected behaviour.

-On the other hand, reconstructing the train out of the same locomotives involved in the crash and sending them to the loading station results in the circuit network reporting the wrong amount of train contents on both the green wire and the red wire, suggesting that one of the locomotives no longer interacts with other entities correctly.

-Only other thing I can think of that might be of interest - this issue started when running factorio with OBS in the background, with OBS given priority over CPU access.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Train slowing/hitting invisble entity

Post by Rseding91 »

There was an issue with burner energy sources that I fixed in 0.17 where for 1-2 ticks a burner energy source could output < 100% energy.

So, it might be that and it might be fixed for 0.17.

However with the mods you're using it makes it difficult to test in 0.17 if it is fixed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”