We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
- Fast Inserter
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:01 pm
There is no save or log files for this as it can not be recorded in this manner. I am unsure how you can reproduce this on demand either.
When in a multiplayer game and you have the train window open and get into jumps you can not close the train menu to reach the main menu to pause or quit the game. Effectively locking your game in this state until the jumps stop.
Steps that occurred to cause this bad state:
- Be in a multiplayer game
- Open a train orders GUI window of a train
- Enter the Jumps state, when you are behind the server in UPS and the multiplayer statistics says you have jumps.
- Press escape to try and close the train orders GUI and then again to try and open the main menu
- The train orders GUI will close and before the main menu can be opened the train orders GUI will flash back. You are now stuck unable to reach the game's menu.
I would expect that GUIs can be closed when in the jumps state and that the flashing back open is a bug. This re-opening is what seems to prevent you from reaching the main menu when in this state.
- Factorio Staff
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:10 am
If you are experiencing jumps that means you are experiencing major packet loss or you can't keep up with the server.
Due to the nature of what happens, we can't let the player make any input(and the currently opened window is part of the game state). Exiting with Alt+F4 will still work fine.
So this is a minor issue.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users