Mac OS X Operation System Crash in Minimap

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Pamelloes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mac OS X Operation System Crash in Minimap

Post by Pamelloes »

I'm playing Factorio on Mac OS X 10.12.6 on a Macbook Model 9,1. I've been playing Factorio version 0.16.36 (build 36253, mac, steam). Occasionally when playing, the entire operating system freezes and the only way to recover is to hold down the power button and force a reboot. Here's a log file from the most recent time this occurred: https://pastebin.com/7MUXr7AU.

Unfortunately, I have no reliable way to reproduce this bug. It has occurred on every save I've played, but relatively infrequently (it will often not occur until I'm in the mid or end game and even then only once ever couple of hours). Since I've started paying more attention to when this bug occurs, I've noticed that it only occurs in the minimap, although this may just be coincidence with the last few times its happened. When I play multiplayer with a friend hosting over LAN, similar behavior occurs. However, when playing multiplayer, my computer unfreezes in 10-15 seconds.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Mac OS X Operation System Crash in Minimap

Post by HanziQ »

We have reworked the graphics engine for 0.17, so this should be fixed when that's released.

Pamelloes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pamelloes »

I recently started playing and this bug is still present with the latest stable version. Now playing on a 2019 16" Macbook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.4. Occasionally (I haven't found a consistent way to get this to happen), the game freezes and the computer becomes unresponsive. Around 30 seconds later, the screen goes to static and then I'm presented with a login screen---suggesting a graphics driver crash to me,

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Make a new report, follow: 3638.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”