[0.16.45] Bot routing issue

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
lleylar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.45] Bot routing issue

Post by lleylar »

Mkay, encountered an interesting bug earlier today, when my (massively messy) base suddenly crawled to a halt. Update time went from 2ms to 10, then slowly crawled to 22 over the next few minutes, while I was running everywhere, deactivating parts of the base trying to do fault finding.

All the while, my bot usage count went from 300-500 to 1100, prompting the system to release more bots, which ended up being used as well (1700 bots before I stopped that system).

Anyhow, the problem:

1) Have a storage container (angel storage silo in my case, but shouldn't matter). Said storage has an empty barrel in it. A lot of fluids are getting barreled, and active providers used on empty barrels so they don't clog things up.

2) Player decides it's not a good place for it, but storage also has other stuff he wants gone, that'll get used at some point in the future. Slot limit the storage to 0 so bots can empty it without adding things.

3) Player changes his mind about the barrel since it's a really terrible place. Removes all empty barrels from the storage.

4) Fail to notice that some bots currently in flight are bringing more empty barrels to that storage (since it's the only storage that had barrels).

5) Bot arrives at storage, somehow fail to repath even tho it cannot place barrels in that storage AND said storage doesn't contain barrels anymore anyway.

6) Bot gets stuck in an infinite loop trying to leave the barrel in the storage.

7) Another bot somewhere grabs a barrel and looks for a place to put it. Bugged storage will soon have one (because of bugged bot) so lets go there. Gets stuck with the other bots. Repeat for all bots trying to move empty barrels.

8) Entire base crawls to a halt as 1400 bots carrying barrels all try to repath once per frame.

9) Player finally tracks down one of the few remaining bots heading to the storage, sees it's empty, decides to delete it. Entire swarm of bots gets released at once, update timer goes from 22ms down to 2ms instantly.

That was fun.

o7

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.45] Bot routing issue

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you please post a small save file that shows the problem?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

lleylar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lleylar »

Done, with only creative mode.

Took a little while since I had to move barrels manually a bunch, but that save has 6 stuck bots on it.
Attachments
Bugged.zip
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the save file. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”