[kovarex] [0.16.36] Station search two words lists all combinations

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.16.36] Station search two words lists all combinations

Post by Dune »

A search of "ore unload" brings up all stations that have "ore" and all stations that have "unload" but what I really wanted was only those that had "ore unload" in their title.

I'd think this a feature if I could use quotes in my search to narrow the search to only "ore unload" but typing a single or double quote in the search box removes all the entries.

poseidon29
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] Station search two words lists all combinations

Post by poseidon29 »

thats nothing critical but players with huge train systems would benefit from a better search engine. That could be a new feature for the next releases too.
Another point I would recommend is that the search box is automatically focused when you press any letter.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.36] Station search two words lists all combinations

Post by kovarex »

I made a change for 0.16.41, so that the word-by word method is on by default only when the Fuzzy search option is selected. This option is off by default.
Even when the option is selected, you can always use "ore unload" to do what you want.

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.36] Station search two words lists all combinations

Post by c0bRa »

Is the internal naming of the stations still like i read some times ago, that spaces are simply deleted (i think i can remember somebody who named 2 stations "ABCD" and "AB CD" and the train did not get the difference between the 2 stations), so perhaps a search for "Oreunload" should do it? ;)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”