[0.16.36] Desync While Researching

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Vargr_Lycan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.36] Desync While Researching

Post by Vargr_Lycan »

My friends and I purchased Factorio over the weekend to play multiplayer together. I hosted a game and my friends joined. Once we got to the point where we were researching using the lab both my friends that were playing with me at the time began desyncing and kept getting kicked out of the game. I took the science packs out of the lab as I was suspicious this was the cause and they were then able to join my game again and play perfectly fine. As soon as anyone started the research again my friends would begin desyncing and would be kicked from the game.

The next night my friend hosted and I joined his game. Everything was well until we got to the point where we started researching in the lab and now this time I was repeatedly desynced. Another friend then joined the game and was able to play without issue while research was in progress. Whenever the research was stopped, I was able to join and play without issue until the research was started again, in which case I was desynced. At this point I was very frustrated and tried everything I could think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times. Nothing worked.

Today my friend purchased a server rental for Factorio to see if this would somehow fix the problem that I alone have had. I connected to the server and had the same problems desyncing while research was being done while my friends played without issue!

I have 18 desync reports but I will attach only the latest once unless you need the others. I've searched many forum posts to see if there are any others having this issue and I could not find one that similar. We do not have any mods installed and have never used mods for this game. I have watched this game for a long time before purchasing and it is very frustrating to be the only one that has this issue. Please help!
Attachments
desync-report-2018-04-11_18-41-44.zip
(26.15 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.36] Desync While Researching

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Are you able to reproduce this when loading the save file fresh or did it only happen while it was running that one time?

I tested the save file myself and it didn't desync for me.

The desync is showing fluid in some pipes being different (probably from power consumption).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”