[kovarex] [0.16.36] Backspace doesn't work

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.16.36] Backspace doesn't work

Post by _npo6ka_ »

I have a single FNEI mod installed. This mod has an action on the backspace key, and because of this, backspace works in other elements of the gui game in a somewhat inaccurate way.
coderpatsy wrote:When you click on an inserter with a stack capacity bonus, there's an input to change the max items it can pick up at once. When I have FNEI on, pressing the backspace key on a keyboard doesn't delete characters in that input, unless I press and hold the key.

Here is a screencap showing this in action. I am currently clicking the backspace key, and it is not deleting the 2.

To be clear, the On Screen Keyboard functions identically to any other keyboard, I just used it for showing this weird bug.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.36] Backspace doesn't work

Post by Bilka »

NaB, the hotkey of the mod is set to consuming="all", which does exactly what it should: Consume game inputs.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Bilka wrote:NaB, the hotkey of the mod is set to consuming="all", which does exactly what it should: Consume game inputs.
Then why are the symbols removed when you press and hold the key?

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Just guessing - holding triggers different type of event that gets through (which i suppose it should not). But that depends on details really.
Did you try to ask the mod creator first?
If I were to use a mod that alters keyboard behavior and then some key does not work in the game as it should, I would not go to post it to the game bug forum....

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Dominik wrote:Just guessing - holding triggers different type of event that gets through (which i suppose it should not). But that depends on details really.
Did you try to ask the mod creator first?
If I were to use a mod that alters keyboard behavior and then some key does not work in the game as it should, I would not go to post it to the game bug forum....
In the mod the flag is set: consuming = "all".
I think that no events related to this key should pass through the mod that uses this key combination.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.36] Backspace doesn't work

Post by kovarex »

I tried it again in 0.16.44 and it works properly, so it was probably fixed by the key - blocking logic fixes we've done with Dominik recently.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.36] Backspace doesn't work

Post by _npo6ka_ »

kovarex wrote:I tried it again in 0.16.44 and it works properly, so it was probably fixed by the key - blocking logic fixes we've done with Dominik recently.
Ok, thank you!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”