[0.16.36] Can't connect to some public servers

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DoctorVWA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.36] Can't connect to some public servers

Post by DoctorVWA »

Hello, recently I was trying to join an mp server, some servers I can't join, the server saves(sometimes not) the map and it stops responding, others I can join, but if someone else connect, when the server save the map(or the autosave save the map) I just fall the server, I see in the logs a lot of "Invalid packages", all the connection trys are on the log, I hope you guys can help me, thanks for the support.
factorio-current.log
(410.88 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Meddleman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] Can't connect to some public servers

Post by Meddleman »

While this happens to me on occasion, I believe it is something on the server's side that prevents connections from overly laggy sources, bad ping, inconsistent packet connections, etc.
More often than not, a server will lag for all players ever so slightly when new players join/when someone saves, and stays a little laggy during the entire time a player connects. This is not an ideal scenario.

Server-savvy game starters will instead create blanket filters stopping anyone with undesireable connections from joining. These include IP address filters, username filters, connection speed filters, etc. Some will allow you to join, and shunt you off depending on whether a more desirable connection joins.

As far as helping OP, I can only really reccommend a faster/more stable internet connection, faster computer. My similar problems I've had wih desyncs/freezing/crashes/lost connections vanished after replacing my aging 7 year old Samsung RC730.
Try changing your computer's power plan in Windows Mobility Center to Highest Performance. ;)

I'd assign this to Not A Bug, but thats just me. Could actually be a genuine problem I'm missing.

DoctorVWA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] Can't connect to some public servers

Post by DoctorVWA »

Meddleman wrote:While this happens to me on occasion, I believe it is something on the server's side that prevents connections from overly laggy sources, bad ping, inconsistent packet connections, etc.
More often than not, a server will lag for all players ever so slightly when new players join/when someone saves, and stays a little laggy during the entire time a player connects. This is not an ideal scenario.

Server-savvy game starters will instead create blanket filters stopping anyone with undesireable connections from joining. These include IP address filters, username filters, connection speed filters, etc. Some will allow you to join, and shunt you off depending on whether a more desirable connection joins.

As far as helping OP, I can only really reccommend a faster/more stable internet connection, faster computer. My similar problems I've had wih desyncs/freezing/crashes/lost connections vanished after replacing my aging 7 year old Samsung RC730.
Try changing your computer's power plan in Windows Mobility Center to Highest Performance. ;)

I'd assign this to Not A Bug, but thats just me. Could actually be a genuine problem I'm missing.
Thanks for an awnser, first of all the servers have a high ping because my location related to the server and not internet the intert. I belive this computer have 10 year old or more, I have another issue with a possible similar bug, this time isnt trying to join, is trying to host, when someone what lives, whatever if he lives in my country or outside can't download the map, it keeps as 0b/s, I related this to the discord's server one time and have no awnser to it, maybe it's related to this issue(using an server service like hamachi it works), I will try to get the log to it, maybe can be helpfull.

So I can't play in a server with a friend in Australia, since I live on Brazil?
I'll observe what ping I have in all servers what I connect and put it in an excel, just to make sure.

Thanks for the help, have a good day :D

Return to “Technical Help”