[Rseding91] [0.16.34] Inserter not moving barrelsfrom chest to assembler

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
caterpie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.16.34] Inserter not moving barrelsfrom chest to assembler

Post by caterpie »

I have a requester chest requesting 100 crude oil barrels, connected with a stack inserter to an assembler that empties the oil. However, sometimes the inserter does not work, even though the requester chest is full, the assembler is completely empty (both input and output), and the inserter is not connected to a circuit/logistic network. As soon as I interact in any way with the inserter (re-place it, rotate it 360 degrees, etc) or with the requester chest (re-placing it, adding/removing items, etc) it starts working. However, it stops again after some time.

Mods used: Bottleneck, Squeak Through, Creative mode (fix for 0.16)

I should also mention that the factory is at position 900000, 900000. I know that in previous versions things didn't work properly when so far out of the spawn, but it might be interesting to test it.

I attach the save and the mod list, you can test that it starts working when you move the inserter or the chest, but if you wait 10-15 minutes (you can accelerate the in-game speed with the creative mode mod) it stops working once again.
Attachments
modlist.zip
Mod list
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
0.16 megabase setups.zip
Save
(22.29 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
factorio-current.log
Factorio log
(4.52 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.34] Inserter not moving barrelsfrom chest to assembler

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. When I load your save file all of the machines are working correctly - is there meant to be one that's broken somewhere?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

rgx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [0.16.34] Inserter not moving barrelsfrom chest to assembler

Post by rgx »

I have the exact same problem but it's very rare. It originates from the logistic network optimisations release (0.15.something?), which was then improved several times. Even the 16.37 or .38 had an improvement that fixed the issue, temporarily. But now it got back again. It happens only in my plastic production, same setup as caterpie. And it happens only on chests/inserters that are on the north or west side of the assembler. In a base that produces 2.5 kspm it takes days for the issue to appear, but it does appear eventually.

I have no mods. I have saves but they are too large (169 MB) to be uploaded here. Will see if there's another way.

Edit: try this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13NNwzl ... sp=sharing

There are stuck inserters at the stations Plastic 01 PU and Plastic M1 PU.
Maybe I should add also that I'm on linux. Just let me know if you want more saves or info.

Edit2: also want to add that to reproduce the issue, you probably need to be on the same version as the save file. As far as I understand, the update which partly fixed the issue, apart from changing the logistic network code, also triggers all chests to unlock them. It does that one time per save file I guess, when you have updated. That might explain why you don't see the issue in caterpies' save file. My save is version 0.16.38.

Return to “Pending”