[0.16.25] Couldn't find suitable position to put player (2)

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.16.25] Couldn't find suitable position to put player (2)

Post by boskid »

This is small continuation for 58114

Create new map, then execute following:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.teleport({210,210})
/c tiles={}; for x = -205,205 do for y = -205,205 do table.insert(tiles, {name="water", position={x, y}}); end end; game.player.surface.set_tiles(tiles, true);
/c game.player.character.die("player");
First command is replacement for moving around
Second command is replacement for water fill (if using mods like "waterfill")
Third command is replacement for train or biter attack...

After last command there is notice "Couldn't find suitable position to put the player in the perimiter of 200 tiles from the point {0.000, 0.000} [ok]", map is stopped and factorio returns to main menu.

This is so rare and intentional, it will probably land in "won't fix", but here is also my question (i could not test this myself): what will happen in multiplayer? - will all players quit as game state is invalid? will they desync? or joining player will be dropped and game will be "no join death world?" or can it be used by admin to stop server or for griefing?

-- edit:
Same goes if area from (-200,-200) to (200,200) is filled with solar panels (see attachment)
Attachments
SuitablePosition.zip
(6.01 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.25] Couldn't find suitable position to put player (2)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. If it happened in multiplayer it would be an error on every peer and everyone would be disconnected from the game.

Currently this is working as intended: the game requires the spawn location have a place to put a new/respawning player. That may change in the future but for now that's how it is.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”